My husband didn’t know our son’s full birth date

@kumari5050
I do have to pause on the date for my son’s birthday because it’s 5 days off from mine, and his year is my date.

Similar situation for me. My kids' birthdates are inverses of each other (the day for one is the year for the other, and vice versa. And they're one month apart which adds to the confusion). It always gives me pause and I feel like the worst mom for forgetting.

@kumari5050 We joke that there’s always some sort of national disaster the year my kids were born. I have a November 2016 (Zika and election year) and a July 2020 (fucking Covid lockdown started the day I was 20+0 weeks).

Then I had a December 2023 due date and we basically held our breath the entire 9 months. Nothing disastrous happened. I have no idea if I’ll forget her birth year or not, but maybe it’ll be better ultimately than being remembered as the dumpster fire year (poor middle kid).

@keepitsimple144 One time thirty years ago, my dad came home with a mega millions lotto ticket and said he picked all of our birthdays. I looked at it and said “Dad, where’s mine?” He was off by a day. I laughed but was a bit miffed, like I’m his only biological daughter, how could he forget? But whatever, he’s an amazing dad and I’m blessed to have him. I just thought it was funny. How can you forget your own child’s birthday?

Then my husband couldn’t remember our son’s birthday and it was like history repeating itself. I was amazed, I was aghast.

Then my husband messing up our son’s birthday messed up my confidence in his birth date. I have to think really hard about it each time now, to remember which is the real one, and which is the one we always forget and think it is. So karma is a bitch, basically. I could totally forget my own son’s birthdate and have definitely messed it up on forms more than once.