My husband didn’t know our son’s full birth date

@mozarella My SIL’s mother did this (we are married to brothers, so not my MIL). She has an October bday and they forged it to August. Apparently it was never a problem until applying for college.
Well, my nephew is 9/1 and they wanted to send him to Kindergarten with an 8/1 cut off. Ma’am it is 2024!!!! She eventually came to her senses (and it’s wrong so don’t get me wrong I do disagree with it) but I feel like, with todays technology HOW would you even get away with it?!

@mozarella Exactly hahaha. I think she graduated HS in 06-07 but nowadays with birth certificates and online doctors records I’m sure it would be much more difficult

@mozarella My parents did this but they made me a year older so I could start school at 4. I knew how old I really was though.

The bigger crime was that they put my last name down as my dad's and it wasn't until I went to apply for college that I learned my legal last name was different (my mom's).

@keepitsimple144 My mom asked me what year I was born once. Thats how you really know you’re the 3rd kid I guess.

I do have to pause on the date for my son’s birthday because it’s 5 days off from mine, and his year is my date.

@carmenzn Everyone in my immediate family (parents, siblings, and kids) has a birthday containing only 0,1, or 3. 03, 10, 13, 30, and THREE 31s. I'm done having kids but we've told my sibling that any further children will need a scheduled C-section on one of those days 😄

@kumari5050 I'm sorry, no. I have 5 kids, I do have to actively think about which date goes with the last 2 because the numbers intermix, but I remember all 5 of their birthdays. Maybe it was an off-hand, exasperated question because they just could think any more that day?

Back