Husband Woes

@chris_2011 This will be my second! My gyno might send me to Oncology either way because I keep having abnormal pap smears which worries me even more. Thank you so much!

@ggie I was most nervous about the fact that I have an oncologist. But after my consultation I honestly don't ever wanna go back to my regular obgyn. They don't even need a biopsy to see what's going on. He looked and was like. Okay this part looks great. This part is abnormal but super mild. I felt much better after leaving there. Something that ended up being a "monitor closely" thing started as me thinking I was gonna have a hysterectomy or something.

Super dramatic I know. But the mind wanders when waiting for results !

@chris_2011 I'm really glad that you had such a positive experience! I've gone through the same process of colposcopies and a planned then cancelled cone biopsy. I'm sure you've probably discussed the risks with your doctor. I was warned that if I had the procedure, then I may require IVF as my sole option for pregnancy in the future as the scar tissues can cause obstruction. In addition, I was told that I could suffer from cervical insufficiency, and require my cervix to be sutured shut during the pregnancy. I know its better to focus on the positive, but these are real and potentially very serious complications. If your doctor hasn't discussed these potential challenges with you, you may want to ask. Maybe your husband doesn't want to think about the negative, but for me, it really made me question my decision to hold off and wait for the perfect time. Often the body does clear the infection, but you can never be certain. In some cases it makes a lot of sense to deal with the health concern first and heal up sufficiently before planning to bring another life into the world. I'm biased in my thinking, but I say have the baby while your health is in good order (with your physician's approval) and sort out the money in the future. You both sound like very responsible and secure individuals. Best of luck.

Back