I’m not technically a 1 and done but…

jhonb

So I’ve a baby who’s 9 months old now but I also have a 20 year old too! I was always one and done with my ex, had the kid at 16 when still at school and dragged myself through medical school to make a better life for us. Achieved that and met a guy who also had kids from his ex partner. Anyway! We married, are totally in love, he didn’t want more kids and I wanted to “experience” pregnancy and raising a kid within a committed unit. We agreed before marriage we would try for a baby. Anyway, he only ever agreed to one and had a vasectomy after baby was born. I resent our decision so bad. Having a baby as an older adult is so much easier than what it was when I was a teenager still trying to get my life and shit together and also being financially secure. Rant over! Ps am I a one and done again lol

@jhonb Family structures are not as cut and dry as they used to be. Your child is, in many ways, an only child because of the large age gap. You are allowed to mourn for the parenting experience you wish you had the first time around.

Back