Has my nuvaring failed me

sue21

I’m (23f) worried that my nuvaring didn’t work and I’m pregnant. I’ve been using it as advised and have been on it for about 3 months now (yes changing them out monthly) but my breasts have increased from a C to a DD within a week. For context, I did gain 10 lbs but I’ve already lost 3 lbs so I feel like the breast growth isn’t from weight gain. I’ve been nauseous and throwing up early in the morning and I’ve been sleeping waaaaay more than usual. But I took a pregnancy test today (about 6-7 days before my expected period) and it’s clearly negative. But if these symptoms were from pregnancy, wouldn’t it be positive?? Or because it’s so early before my period, it’s a false negative??

My boyfriend and I have intercourse 2-5x per week without condoms because I’m on birth control. But is it still possible I’m pregnant even with the negative test result?

@sue21 You’re correct, if your symptoms were related to pregnancy the tests would be positive- this means your symptoms are unrelated to pregnancy. If you’re worried about your birth control, read the information packet that comes with it.