Did r/ScienceBasedParenting just shut down?

@lzimmer I mean I guess we could always tag the mod and ask for screenshots, we have all the communication in modmail forever unless it's been purposely deleted. Idk. Admins aren't going to issue a 3 day ban because you sent somebody one word, it just doesn't work that way my friend.

@hurrix I made a new one r/parentingscience. It's still in its baby stage but is surprisingly active for how new it is. We would love if people joined and helped build the community. Everyone over there seems genuinely helpful.

@lozzymagoo Almost certainly the former. I've been on reddit a decade and only have ever heard of Reddit shutting down illegal (like selling drugs or teaching you how to use darkweb sites), hate-based, or extremely violent video subreddits.

@lozzymagoo Nah, no one shut anything down. That wasn't the best phrasing.

The sub is just set to private, meaning all the content is there, but no one has access to it until the unhinged one makes it public again.

@lzimmer As a mod (not of this sub), if you like the other sub, I would take this down. I wouldn't reopen a sub if I saw this post/comments about it!

Mods work hard and no one appreciates us lol, we get blamed for everything negative but never thanked for the positives. This thread is a good example of why it's a bad deal. I want to get out of it as well, I think most people find it depressing.

@sunshine44u The mod in th subreddit is quite unhinged, I've been banned from there too with no warning for participating in discussion and violating a rule that the moderator hadn't event posted at the time I made my comment.

@forumfan I’m a mod. We’re all “unhinged” when someone breaks the rules and we have to, ya know, actually mod.

Warn someone? Unhinged. Make a sticky with new rules that everyone begged for? Unhinged. Ban trolls everyone complains about? Unhinged. It means nothing more than “I don’t like what this mod says”.