Did r/ScienceBasedParenting just shut down?

@ajr250 No one was kicked out - the mod put the sub private and then started letting people in who messaged them. Not sure what happened since or if anyone is even posting there anymore. Seems most people went to the alternative ones that opened up

@forumfan Thanks for heads up. Was a member and used it a lot when my son was first born. Thought I was going crazy when I couldn’t find it again.

@christfollower1993 I’ve set up /r/ResearchBasedParents if anyone wants to join. I was just having a discussion the other day about how the fundamental definition of science-based is remaining open minded to what we don’t know. That is the spirit of this new sub if anyone is interested.

@need Just a heads up, it looks like you and @souldevice had the same idea to setup new subreddits (r/parentingscience). Maybe you could combine forces? I like the name of your subreddit

@kimmarkf13 Thanks for connecting us! I do like your sub name! I just chose this one because I was trying to make it close to the old one so it would be more likely to pop up when people were searching for science based parenting. Have you ever been a mod before?? I honestly have no idea what I'm doing 😂 I just liked having a place for evidence-based parenting discussions.

@souldevice Hey! I liked having that place too. I haven’t modded on reddit but have on other sites, and am happy to add you as one if we’d like to consolidate subs!

@osh I went to look at comments on a post I made asking for app recommendations, downloaded the recommended app, then went back to thank whoever suggested it and the sub was shut down 😅

@christfollower1993 ahhhhh I can't find it either. That's really unfortunate that a mod can just shut something like this down. I found the members and people who engaged to be thoughtful people. I also liked how it was set up. I wonder if someone will restart it.

@christfollower1993 Wasn't that the sub whose creator went a little crazy over cosleeping or something a few months ago? And like spammed their own sub with posts about it and was all 🤪😈🤪😈? I think it was that one. Since then I've felt like it was just a matter of time for that sub.