Your easiest, tastiest meals

@kgy0001 Crockpot pesto chicken thighs and sweet potatoes. Buy pre made pesto sauce. Layer chicken thighs, put on sauce, add Mozarella cheese, put aluminum foil on top and put sweet potatoes on top of foil. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Crockpot basil feta chicken: Dump chicken thighs, basil leaves, two cans fire roasted tomatoes, two cloves minced garlic, can of chickpeas and 8 ounces of feta cheese in crockpot. School in low for 8 hours.

I'm the OP here. You all helped me through a difficult, exhausting time. We are eating much better now. Thank you. I was so tapped out, beyond the point where I could work through my own challenges, and you helped a lot.

@kgy0001 Morning- chop up frozen chicken cutlets into bite sized pieces , toss in bbq sauce or egg, and then breadcrumbs/panko. Put on parchment paper on tray. Put in fridge. Bake 25 minutes when you get home.

Rice, water, chicken legs, taco seasoning in the crockpot.

@kgy0001 Easy shrimp and broccoli stir fry with rice. I just use my rice cooker and don’t stir fry the rice since it requires cold rice.

It’s fast, east, cheap and filling.

@kgy0001 My son is obsessed with this easy to make soup. He asked for it yesterday when I picked him up from preschool. He has actually never asked for something specific for dinner before besides pizza 🤣.

@taliejean Just scanned and could totally do this, and it sounds really good. Someone suggested a similar recipe above-- will compare a bit and definitely do something in the middle. Thank you thank you.

@kgy0001 I do a decent amount of meal prep on Sunday’s to make the evening rush easier, chopping, measuring, freezing, etc. like others have said. On nights we don’t have anything prepped it’s chicken, simmer sauce from a jar, 90 second rice, frozen veggies and a salad kit…it’s a whole balanced meal and comes together in under 15 minutes depending on how throughly I cut the chicken or if I pulled some frozen bread from the freezer. And last resort is a meal kit from the local grocery store deli, rotisserie chicken, sides and rolls, usually pair it with a salad kit or frozen veggies, always have those on hand along with some kind of canned beans because they go with everything.

Keep it simple, veggie, protein and a starch and voila you have dinner! And no, they don’t have to go together, Greek salad and Mexican food is a common mashup in our house for some reason

@steinbeck Weekends aren't any easier for me right now but I love the reminder of simmer sauces. Thanks, will check at the grocery. Had forgotten about Greek salads, will think about that, too. Enough feta, some bread and a glass of wine and we'd call it an elegant dinner. Thanks!

@kgy0001 Tonight we had chicken thighs, just pan fried on the stove with a bit of olive oil, with sliced avocado and Knorr Spanish rice.

Last night, chicken thighs baked in the oven (about 30 min at 425. Just some olive oil and whatever seasoning) with spaghetti and jarred sauce.

Both were delicious and fast and filling!

@kgy0001 We eat a lot of bread here- bread and a charcuterie board (just meat and cheese on a cutting board, nothing fancy) is the default supper if I don't feel like cooking.

Husband got me a bread machine for Christmas and it is awesome. Five minutes dumping in ingredients and I have a loaf of bread about three hours later. Saves a trip to the bakery/grocery store, too.

I also have a rice cooker, which is easy enough to use that my 3 year old cooks the rice.

We then have fish/pork chops/turkey cutlets in the oven and microwave a frozen vegetable.

I also do a lot of bean soups in the instant pot this time of year. Dump everything in in the morning and it will keep warm all day.

@pintobean My husband would totally go for bread and cold cuts, like totally. Will do this. I could also see us sauteeing fish fillets or cutlets, maybe like with lemon and capers? I'd just have to flour them in the morning so I don't come home and give up. Thank you very much.

@kgy0001 I am even lazier than that and have several different spice mixtures I sprinkle on top of whatever protein and pop in the oven.

We moved to a small town with no delivery and almost no take out options ten years ago. We went from take out/going out to eat several times a week to maybe once or twice a month.

@kgy0001 My Aldi used to have a frozen Mediterranean vegetable blend. They got rid of it :( So now I make it Fresh. But definitely don't sleep on any frozen vegetable blend you can find at the store - it's definitely faster than chopping fresh. That said, this takes me 20-30 minutes to prep and then I bake for 20-30 minutes. My husband plays while I chop and I play while it bakes.

1 Zucchini

1 Purple Onion

1 or 2 yellow/red/orange bell pepper

1 pint of grape tomatoes

Slice the onion like you would for fajitas [wedges]. Cut the zucchini and peppers into bite sized pieces. Wash and dump the tomatoes. All on sheet pan. Drizzle with avocado oil. Toss. Add sea salt and garlic powder (or jarred garlic) [I add chili flake to mine afterwards since my kid and husband don't care for it]. Throw in oven 400-425 F.

Serve over pasta or as a side. I sometimes make two pans are a time and eat it over a few days.

Back