Your easiest, tastiest meals

@kgy0001 My fave slow cooker meal - beef and broccoli. I typically make rice in the instant pot to go with it, but those bags of microwaveable rice would probably be fine, and I do 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar instead of 1/3 because a few of the comments mentioned the sauce as listed was kind of sweet. This is SO yummy, hardest part is slicing the beef (solely because I hate slicing meat) and it’s dump and go from there!

@kgy0001 Fried rice - egg, garlic, rice, frozen veg, protein of choice. Fry in oil until crisp, add some soy sauce.

Tex/mex stuff - tacos, quesadillas, nachos, burritos. Protein, cheese, tortillas, desired veggie toppings.

The meal that consistently gets A+++ ratings from my 5 year old: buttered chickpea pasta boiled with a bag of frozen peas. Chef’s kiss.

@kgy0001 The frozen ravioli "lasagna" hack works pretty well. Layer frozen ravioli over sauce in a baking dish, cover with more sauce and cheese. I don't mix meat and dairy but you could add whatever extra protein you wanted.

Instant pot is my best friend for cooking meat meals. I can do all these on the stove or in the oven but if I forget to defrost meat then I don't have to worry.

If I have time? Brown ground beef, drain and add back to pot, add sauce and maybe shake the jar with water so I get a bit more liquid to add if the sauce is thick, and set it for the IP 15 minutes, while I cook pasta. Add whatever extra veggies to the sauce before you cook.

Chicken? Add whatever sauce you like and do the shakeup with water trick to thin it a bit, and then add chicken. Ad a few extra minute for frozen, but otherwise set it and then cook whatever starch you like on the side. If we are desparate we will do the frozen rice with veggies. The kids eat it. It's all that matters.

If I need nourishing for the soul food I'll do leftover tomato sauce, frozen or leftover veggies (onions, carrots, peas etc) and lentils in the instant pot to make a soup or stew. It's a healthy and great way to use up what's in the fridge/freezer.

@kgy0001 My favorite no-chopping, low-prep meals are:

-frozen Trader Joe's frozen meals (mandarin orange chicken, saucy scallops with mushrooms)

-pre-made meals from Costco (chicken pot pie, shepard's pie, stuffed peppers, meatloaf)

-toretellini and sauce

-frozen salmon fillets (I buy from Costco) with rice/noodles/vegetables/salad

-baked potatoes in the instant pot (serve with broccoli, sour cream, cheese, etc.

-chicken nuggets and tater tots (freezer meal necessity!)

Back