Your easiest, tastiest meals

@kgy0001 I love barbecue chicken pizzas.

Take chicken thighs and season/cook how you would like.
Chop them up in small chunks
Get some naan bread and spread your barbecue sauce of choice
Sprinkle on some mozzarella and any veggies you want
Put on chicken
Sprinkle a dash more cheese
Put in 350 degree oven for 10ish minutes. Until naan is brown/crispy.

This takes me on average 30 min to make and I always make extras for my lunches

@kgy0001 Trader Joe’s frozen meals (beef bulgogi, orange chicken, really any of them are great), rice in a rice cooker with some black beans and salsa on top, spaghetti and a bagged salad.

@me4christ Yeah, TJs is my every day microwave lunch (except when I run out, which is mildly dreadful). I was saying, I will look at the dinner options as well. Thanks.

@kgy0001 Stir-fry: chicken (tofu if nothing is defrosted), veggies, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, and Kroger Thai Inspiration sriracha chili sauce served with white rice

Fajita chicken and veggies over tortilla with cheese and salsa

Khichdi: this one is a traditional south Asian meal but very easy literally just rice and lentils cooked together with salt and butter!

@kgy0001 Italian beef in the crockpot. Throw in a beef chuck roast or similar, some frozen diced onions, a packet of the dry italian dressing/marinade mix, 16 oz jar sliced pepperocinis/banana peppers (undrained), and about 2 cups beef broth. Let it cook low and slow all day. Serve on hoagies with provolone cheese.

Also if I’m cooking ground beef I’ll double it and freeze half of the cooked meat before seasoning. It makes it easy to throw together another quick ground beef meal later…tacos, pasta, chili, dirty rice (Zatarains box), Korean beef, etc.

@jth5 >>Italian beef in the crockpot.

That sounds really, really, really good and no chopping... will definitely be figuring out my unused instapot. Thank you!!

@kgy0001 I made a quiche for dinner. It takes a while to bake, but takes almost no time to prep. Throw some eggs, veggies, milk and seasoning in a pre-made pie crust.

@kgy0001 Quesadilla- season and mash canned black beans (or buy seasoned/ refried canned beans), add cheese, saute on pan- freezes well (reheating- I microwave for 20-30 seconds and then saute on a pan so it doesn't get chewy).

Chicken nugget sandwiches- lettuce, tomato, nugs, mayo + mustard. For max convenience, buy the frozen nuggets that are fully cooked and can be made in the microwave.

@bigmarky You know, never made a quesadilla, but will. Thanks for the instructions.

Your nuggets (sounds tasty) also made me think-- my kid eats fish sticks and frozen french fries; we should eat them, too, they're delicious. Could add a romaine salad or cherry tomatoes and call it done. Thank you.

@kgy0001 You absolutely should. And you're in survival mode, don't stress over balanced meals etc. Nothing will happen in a few weeks if you eat less fresh vegetables. Take a vitamin.

@kgy0001 Salsa chicken with frozen chicken tenderloins- dump 1/2 can salsa, 4 chicken tenderloins (straight from frozen), throw seasoning over the chicken if you want. Instant pot, manual high, for 20 minutes. Remove chicken to shred, and if your salsa is too liquidy, hit Saute for a few minutes. Add chicken back. Tastes so good over microwaveable Spanish rice with optional toppings of avocado, shredded cheese.

@bigmarky I am seriously going to do all of these instapot things. I really thought it was just an appliance taking up space and almost gave it away a few times. Thank you so so much. This sounds delicious and like the chicken I used to put in tacos back when I was like chopping and sauteeing onions, adding chicken, cooking in a pan, etc. Thank you.

@kgy0001 My go to simple meal is quesadillas with low carb tortillas. Kids get regular tortillas. So fast and easy and yummy.

I also ordered green chef which has been fun. I to 2 meals per week so we make one on the weekend and one during the week after work. I get the 4 person serving so I have 1 meal leftover for a lunch during the work day. It helps.

My kids pretty much just eat butter noodles these days. 😐 I tried little spoon but it was a waste bc they didn’t eat it. Whatever. 🤷‍♀️

@judipoker Ha, thanks for solidarity re: kids' diet. Whatever is exactly right-- they're growing and loved, right? My son has some challenges that I can't fix and I remind myself that loving him is my primary responsibility and that the rest is fine, pasta/carbs are FINE, wearing any clothes is fine, etc.

Have not tried quesadillas ever and am going to, having been told so by several folks here. Thanks so much.

@kgy0001 Okay this is my new trick and it’s been life changing. On Sundays I prep about 3 or 4 meals that will go in crockpot. Chop all the veggies and herbs and alll the things. They seasonings, the rubs. Takes about 2 hours. Then during the week in the morning I legit through the contents of that meal into the crockpot and done. Don’t worry about anything until it’s time to eat and I’ll make a side or defrost and heat sides from Costco/TJs.

Back