Meal prepping freezer meals

@slfunk I will have a family of 5 to feed (baby not included)! I have just been doubling the recipes when I have enough of the ingredients and it's a freezer-friendly meal. I'm in that sweet second trimester right now. What I have so far is skinny brown sugar oatmeal muffins, meatballs, and mild chicken fried rice. I've been meal planning for the last month and it's totally worth it! I am soon going to make pumpkin muffins.

Basically when you're breastfeeding you want to maintain your current level of eating (as in third trimester), but you get the bonus of no more aversions. As soon as you give birth the aversions go away and it's marvelous! So, you may actually be able to eat healthier. Lots of snacks. Some people have snack stashes by where they will nurse most frequently.

@slfunk Soups and stews are so easy to make in a large batch (I’ve been getting into the habit of doubling dinner recipes for the last couple of months so I can just do the prep work once but freeze half for a meal to be eaten after the baby arrives), and they also freeze/reheat so well! They also offer a lot of variety.

@slfunk My best advice would be to make a good portion dairy free! Dairy allergies are pretty common in young babies. I was sad watching my husband eat all of our carefully prepared meals so they didn’t go to waste and I couldn’t touch them.

Back