Why are pregnancy clothes hideous?

@linlee I got a single pair of maternity jeans and just wore loose/long tops. I started showing in November and my girlfriend’s extra large hoodie that I steal all the time anyway came in extra handy ❤️

@linlee You don’t really need maternity clothes, except maybe dress pants or jeans, things that don’t stretch at all.

But everything else can be “normal clothes” honestly. Just size up or buy elastic/stretchy/wrap/etc style things. Oversized t-shirts are stylish anyway. I recommend maybe a couple maternity tank tops or t shirts too that you can wear under your regular shirt when you’re like 30+ weeks and your shirts ride up more easily, so you can keep your belly covered

@linlee Most pregnancy clothes accentuate the belly and boobs too much. My belly is huge at 32 weeks now but my boobs didn’t grow too big. Most pregnancy clothes don’t look great to me either.

I haven’t bought pregnancy clothes except for leggings with belly support and 1 top for this reason. I am able to fit into old dresses that were big / flowy or body hugging but have a stretch. I did buy a few regular clothes in a size larger than my non-pregnancy size with the hope of using them months following the delivery.

@linlee Right? And all the dresses are floral print or horizontal stripes. Why?????? I tried wearing larger size normal clothes, which worked until about week 22. Once my belly popped then I was suffering very uncomfortable? Get some basics from gap and Old Navy. Get them before 20 weeks because they take a long time to ship, like at least a week. I got a lot of stuff for around five bucks each.

@linlee I bought an entire wardrobe on ThredUp for $250. Tons of cute stuff too. I was pleasantly surprised after finding NOTHING in stores and boring and/or overpriced selections on Amazon and most other online stores.

@linlee I've been having a really hard time finding clothes too. I normally wear a size 16, but everything I've bought on Amazon has run super small. I was at target today and stopped by their maternity section on a whim and was able to get a pair of jeans and jean shorts. They had both the kind with the big belly bands for later in pregnancy and the ones with just the stretch in the pocket area that are good for early pregnancy/smaller bellies.

@linlee At first was exited about pregnancy outfits but get depressed after realized how much and how fast my body has been changing.

I have had problems with my appearance and body all my life (thank you grandma). I decided to hide my body to avoid comments I can't deal with right now. I’ve been wearing leggings and my husband T-shirt’s.

Now I’m 35 weeks, I’ve been enjoying everything else about became mom. I feel sad about not being self confidence but also feel grateful that I’m at finish line and soon I’ll recover my body.

@linlee PrettyLittleThing has some cute maternity clothes & Shein has a bunch of stuff that could definitely be for maternity even tho it isn’t labeled❣️ i agree tho super hard to find cute stuff to wear while pregnant! i also dont understand the seeming need for all pregnancy stuff to be extremely modest & full coverage, even tho the option is nice lol

Back