When did boyfriend sleepovers become a thing

@ajhnh My eldest is 18, and started asking for the same at around 15. The answer was no. It's still no, mostly because there hasn't been any that have stuck around- no fault on either side, besides immaturity. There will be a day when it's okay, but they're still so dang young...

@ajhnh Wow! I don't allow this, nor will I when my daughter reaches your daughter's age! If there was ever an emergency and bf couldn't go home that night they would be in separate rooms of the house for bedtime.

@ajhnh Nope, however my daughter is gay so it’s kind of a gray area over here. I usually have to go with my gut whether she’s dating the girl or if they’re just friends.

@ajhnh My son is nearly 17 and a junior, we let him stay at his girlfriends and she stays here. She lives 45mins away and both sets of parents got fed up of driving them back and forth, they both have cars and can drive now however so is much easier. I agreed with her Mom the rules…one night a week, separate bedrooms, and never home alone overnight. Works fine for us and I always spot check they are in the correct bed if I wake up to pee or early with the dog. In fact I like to send the dog to hang out with them!

@ajhnh I wouldn’t allow it either. Mine is only (a young) 13, and we’re just starting to dip our toes in the crush phases. Maybe my thoughts will change as they get older, but for now-it’s a no.