What kind of car do you drive?

@olaitan I was anti-minivan for so, so, so many years. Vehemently. We always had an SUV even when we had three car seats. Got an Odyssey in September bc I needed something that worked for sports carpools without taking my spouse's SUV. I could kick myself a thousand times for not doing this a decade ago. They are the stupidest looking, least cool, most amazing vehicle a parent can drive.

@olaitan Haha look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee L before you pull the trigger! Lots of great SUVs that are functional without having to give up the vanity 😂😂😂

@olaitan We have a GMC Acadia with captains chairs for the second row and love it. I still wouldn’t say it’d be easy to get into the third row, at least with two rear facing seats. If the 2.5 year old was forward facing at that point, it would be easier, otherwise you’d have to duck under and around.

@cyrilll That’s a great point on the read facing seats bring in the way. I plan to leave my kids rear facing until they max out so getting around the car seats would be tough. I’ll think about this!

@olaitan A five year old could do it, but for a multi-stop trip, it could get annoying. For adults, I fold one of the third row seats down and they climb in through the trunk. Luckily, that’s not a regular occurrence.

@olaitan Honda odyssey van where you can pop out the second row center seat so it’s super easy to get into the third row and the middle row seats slide back and forth so it’s super easy to get bebe in the car seat and slide into the middle.

@olaitan I have a Volkswagen Atlas with captain chairs in the second row and I am loving it! We are expecting our 2nd in a couple months and this car would absolutely work for a third as well :)

@olaitan Jeep grand Cherokee L. Got the captains seats plus a third row. Got the fam cam so I can see my kiddos from the front infotainment screen. Has self driving on highways. If you really want to be extra you can get massage seats too. I love this car.

@olaitan We have three kids in an Acura MDX. It has a third row that we have used maybe twice. It’s tiny and doesn’t fit an infant or convertible seat. Maybe a booster, but we’re not there yet. We were considering the Kia Telluride and the Hyundai Palisade, but the wait time was like 9 months and we needed something sooner, so we ended up with another MDX. It’s fine. Not great.

@olaitan I drive a Tesla Model Y. My husband’s car is a Toyota Highlander with captain’s seats for the second row.

The Tesla has become the primary car. Highlander if we’re transporting the kids’ friends.

@olaitan We only have two kids, so our car and car seat configuration don’t apply to your main question, but, a couple of families at our daycare drive the new Kia minivan and the captain chairs in the middle swivel 360°, which I thinks it’s awesome for their infant car seats because they’re rear-facing without taking up all the space from the driver and front passenger seats, if that makes any sense.

@olaitan I had the opportunity to try the Jeep Wagoneer with my brother and I liked the feel of it - we didn't use the third row on the trip but there would have still be plenty of truck space with it up.