What kind of car do you drive?

@ophelias11garden All this! And, the third row will fold down into tailgating seats, too. There is a storage cubby on both sides for a beverage and the air vent in the 3rd row reaches you too. At the time we had three kids (but four now) and the oldest was playing baseball on a cold and misting October night. We opened the hatch and folded the seats tailgate style. Between that and the second row, it created a nice open play area for our then 1 year old. We watched the game, the 1 year old had a safe place to play.. win win!

Another nice thing about the Odyssey is the second and third rows will hold three car seats each. So, if your plus one becomes a plus two, there’s plenty of car seat and bigger people room.

@amy422 Yep, you just cannot beat the ease of a mini-van. Love my Toyota Sienna,

We have a big teasing joke among my friend group as many say “ugh, I just can’t be that person/mom” (driving a mini-van)

I’m like, “but, you…you ARE that person, you ARE responsible for small human beings and must get them in and out of a vehicle, while often covered in bodily fluids, saying things like ‘we don’t touch our penis in public’ — this is your life, an SUV doesn’t change that, it only makes it a little more difficult.” LOL.

@amy422 I have a rule now that no one opens the door if another car is parked besides. You wait for mama to open. Too many super windy days when my kids opened the door and I almost fainted

@amy422 I can't contribute super helpfully with what I'm driving now, but growing up the minivan was awesome as a kid. Pretty easy to get in and out of the third seat, longer car rides my sister and I could have our own benches. At work we move kids around for trips, and 100% a van with benches and a pathway to sit along the entry of the van vs. captains chairs. Better storage too.

@olaitan Huge fan of the Toyota Highlander. You can get it with captain chair or a bench for the 2nd row!
Also I love me a ford expedition, although they are really really huge.

@gareth18 I have a Highlander Hybrid. Platinum trimline, so I have 2nd row captains chairs. Honestly, I would not recommend for 3 kids. The 3rd row is pretty miniscule, and not designed for every day use. Caveat to this: I'm 5'11" and my hubs is 5'10" and my 10yo is already 5'2". So we need all the legroom.

If I had 3+ kids (my sister has 4), and I'm not a minivan girl, totally a Hyundai Palisade. I adored it, but I ruled it out because I didn't need all that space. But it's a mom dream vehicle.

@gareth18 I had a highlander as a loaner last year while my suv was getting a repair done for a week. My kids still talk about the captains chairs and all of the cup holders. They are seriously pushing me to get one 😂

@tmp It’s definitely on the top of my list when I have to replace my car in a few years. I like the Volvo too though so I’m undecided.