What kind of car do you drive?

@olaitan Toyota Sienna and it is the best car I have ever owned.

I have a 5 year old, a 2 years, and am due in August with #3. The van makes everything so easy. There is space for everything and it is super comfortable.

I know people generally aren't van fans, but it really is the perfect car for kids.

@tanuki 100% agree. We have one, working on a second, and so we are sticking with a small crossover SUV, but if we had space in our garage or a third kid we’d absolutely get a minivan over a third row SUV.

My friend and my brother have minivans and the ease of use for car seats, boosters, strollers is just so great.

@olaitan Small car gang over here.

I have two kids and will never have more, but I got a 2020 Honda Fit and I am so glad we downsized (from a small SUV). Everything and everybody fits, it's actually a lot nicer on longer road trips especially that the kids are way closer to us so we can easily hand them things, hear them and help them. I worried about storage space but it's never once been a problem. My kids are primary school age and I wouldn't trade my car in for a bigger one! Lovvvve my car!

@jack_gott I have a Toyota Corolla and two kids 😅

But we want another kid so we’ll have to bump up to something bigger because the middle back seat is a joke in my Corolla.

@jack_gott Yep, we were a one-car family for a while and drove my husband's Toyota Yaris sedan until our son was 19 months, when I got a 2023 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. We kept the sedan but only use it for driving without the kid. We have no plans to get rid of the sedan, even if we have another kid. If we don't, when our son goes into a booster seat, we can drive him in either car. (I got a very expensive, behemoth convertible carseat which barely fit in the Yaris, and I'm not interested in getting another rear-facing carseat.) We love our RAV, and even though it's the lowest trim available, it's the nicest car I've ever owned.

@olaitan Subaru ascent with captains chairs - infant and 3 year old. One thing I’m struggling with is that if we do longer drives I like to sit in center row with infant so that puts the 3 year old in the 3rd row since the bigger seats are annoying to move regularly. Super easy to move the empty seat back and 3 year old can climb right back and in, but doesn’t have great leg room there (I.e. I wish I got the bench seat). Love it otherwise, but if I have another kid I would want a minivan or a Tahoe.

@olaitan If you decide you want a Toyota Sienna... Go order it now! We got one with the platinum package, ordered it December 1st, 2021 and it's still not here yet. Almost 1.5 years of waiting!

@olaitan We just got a brand new Subaru ascent with captains chairs and I absolutely love it. I have an 11 year old and a 6 year old so we are only dealing with a booster seat. They regularly swap seats. The middle row seats are so easy to move forward to climb in the back. My 11 year old, who is 5’ tall says there is plenty of room for him in the third row.

@olaitan I drive a Highlander and I love it. Smoothest care I've ever rode. Excellent in the snow with snow tires. We don't use the third row a ton (bought it for the dog space -2 giant dogs) but sometimes we use the third row, and then it is a little hard to get back there. So I think a minivan would be more practical if the third row will be getting daily use.