Walk me through your laundry routine! I’ll start

@ava1453
  1. Different stuff each day, for me. I pick up clothes/towels either as I see them throughout the day or at the end of the day and put them in their respective hampers. One day is towels, next day is baby stuff, next day is mine, next day is my husband, next day is delicates, next day is sheets. One load per day is way more manageable than having one or two days where you’re washing/drying/folding everything in the house.
  2. My husband does his own laundry THANK GOD.
  3. I start the laundry in the afternoon so that it’s in the dryer as our day ends. Then I fold after my son is in bed. Unfortunately for all of us, taking things out of the dryer and folding/hanging them will continue to be the worst until the end of time. But I’ve found that it helps to do it after I’ve taken off my mom hat for the day and before I start relaxing.

@ava1453 5/7 days yeah. I prefer it that way because it means it can be a background task instead of an entire day. Plus my husband handles remaking the beds on sheet day and will fold towels if he notices they’re done before I do.

@ava1453 It’s honestly way more manageable! I used to have an in-unit washer/dryer at our old apartment and I would do this everyday. It takes 5-10 mins to hang up a few shirts. Now that I have to go to the laundromat, it takes me 3-4 hours a week to get through everything. I hate it.

@ava1453 Yeah I pretty much do a mental check in daily and ask myself when I have a free moment if there is laundry that needs done. My washer usually runs once a day, but on the days I can't think of anything that needs washed it's awesome. The only thing on a set schedule in my house is bedsheets, once a week. Everything else is just whenever a basket get full. My husband is entirely responsible for his own laundry, but I do keep two baskets in the laundry room, one for sorting whites into(aka towels/wash cloths) and one for any random color clothes that end up laying around. Otherwise, me, my husband, and toddler have our own baskets and I expect 99% of our dirty clothes to land there. Other stuff like pillows, throw blankets, dog bedding is all just when I'm like ehh that needs washed. Usually, about once a month, but could be twice in a week if toddler is sick and wiping snot across the house. Usually, things get folded and put away later that same day or the very next morning to avoid being overwhelmed by an eventual clean laundry mountain.

@ava1453 There’s less of it if you do it every day! I don’t do every day but on average every two or three days. It takes usually 15–25 minutes to fold and put away everything; 40 minutes if it’s four days’ worth. We’re a family of four, and the kids are 3 and 6. I actually like laundry. If it’s a big load to fold then I put on a podcast and listen to something as I fold.

@ava1453 I wash everything on Mondays. I big load of everyone’s clothes, a load of towels, and a load of sheets. Then fold on Tuesdays (or Wednesday… or Thursday 😂) but at least it’s clean!