Son broke up with his girlfriend because she was too “freaky”

@jaxsn This is actually sexual abuse of your son. For some reason society doesn’t mind as much when it is a girl abusing a boy but it is very much that situation.

@jaxsn Wow, good on him. 13 is way too young for that IMO, and I can remember being a horny teen. I feel bad for her parents though. My daughter is 13 now and I can’t imagine her doing that.

@jaxsn I'm more shocked that when he set a boundary she tried to gaslight him with the "All boys are the same" comment. Not only would I have him block her, but a person like that doesn't sound trustworthy. You may have to send a formal communication to her parents and the school. You don't want anything to get miscommunicated between kids and the things they may say or do when upset. I'm normally not one to overreact but I've seen people get in bad situations because of stuff like this.

@jaxsn Exactly. All these things get normalized in unison. Teaching children how to engage with technology responsibly leads to much better outcomes.

@jaxsn Depending on your country/state laws your son could be criminally liable. Deleting from the device only goes so far. Nothing is deleted forever. Not to mention her device(s) would probably still show the outgoing would could be enough for criminal liability. I'd find a high rated attorney in your area and have a consultation. Most will do it for free, some are a couple hundred dollars.

Not saying she will, but if caught with the photos she could easily say your son coerced her into sending them. CYA, and your sons. There more than likely isn't a statute of limitations for any criminal liability in this situation, and you don't want a surprise visit months from now. Document everything.

Overkill? Perhaps, but overkill to protect your child from possibly being labeled a predator. It's definitely worth the effort.

@jaxsn Good on your son, and I would let the school know and make sure he deleted everything she sent

To the ones saying she being abused, I would say not necessary it's more likely she's seen stuff online and decided to do the same or she's overhead an older relative doing similar and thinks it's something she should be doing also she needs to learn what's appropriate and what isn't the school could help pointing her family in the right direction

Back