So I’m apparently pregnant on kyleena iud

Thank you. I’ll get it replaced sooner, especially because I’m overweight… I appreciate you sharing your experience.
And yeah like others have said, this method is SUPER effective, more-so than sterilization. You should buy a lottery ticket.
That last comment wasn’t meant to underplay your experience of course but my goodness, that happening is so rare.

@treebine I started bleeding again on mirena after 4 years, which i assumed was the hormones diminishing. This was back when the limit was 5 years, and they've now pushed it out to 7.

Update: I have my next blood test tomorrow finally, my bleeding has lessened and I have been passing some black clots/tissue(?) and most of my pain recently has been in the lower back on the side (at first it was side pelvic pain and sometimes middle), but the pain has changed in the last two days. I'm hoping it's a miscarriage. I will find out more tomorrow.

@akosua Thank you for asking!

Update today 11/29/22 - my blood draw yesterday showed my hcG went up significantly and they had me come in for aspiration. They couldn’t get my cervix to open and I came in today, they gave me cervix dialating drugs and performed the aspiration. The goal of it to see tomorrow if my hcG goes down. If the pregnancy was in my uterus, then it’ll go down. If it doesn’t go down, the pregnancy is ectopic and they said they’ll give me methodaxone tomorrow.

@limetownjack Thank you for the update. I can imagine this is really scary and confusing. I’m glad you are in a place where you are able to get good medical intervention and not have to deal with the BS of certain states right now. I’m in Eastern WA and mourn for our women next door in ID. I hope this solves things and you don’t have the medical emergency that is an ectopic pregnancy. I will continue to think of you and hope that you keep providing more updates.

@limetownjack Exactly. This is so archaic it’s unbelievable. This decision should be between a woman and her doctor, not dictated by law primarily based on religion and a minority of people in certain states thinking it’s “wrong.” It’s disgusting.

@limetownjack I had 3 iud in my lufe and the more I grew older the less I trust them. I felt like it would always happen to me. Pretty sure I had 2 early miscarriage....

@limetownjack I just found out yesterday that I’m pregnant with a correct placement of Kyleena. I got tested yesterday and my HCG levels are 34ml. My gyno appointment is on the 8th so I’ll find out more later.

I’m emotionally numb right now. I’m shocked and worried about the next steps. Reading this doesn’t make me feel alone and it’s helping me cope a bit. Thanks for writing this.

Update: 12/2 I manage to get a appointment and ultrasound showed that my IUD was perfect. LOL. I decided to go with the expelling route, removed the IUD and got prescribed misoprostol. Took one tablet at the doctors and will wait 24 hours to take the second pill

Update: 12/3 taking the second pill today. I’m so nervous after reading countless stories. Will update after the mayhem.

Update: 12/30 I apologize for the late update.
Well…. My experience with misoprostol was different.. The first set of misoprostol was a vaginal, 4 tab, insert (really weird btw) I experience little to no pain. The most I had was a mild cramp and a bit of spotting. I did take a 600mlg ibuprofen and used a heating pad.

I honestly didn’t think it worked. So the next morning I took 4 more tabs, orally. Did the same prep, ibuprofen and a heating pad. The most I got was mild cramp. At this point paranoia stepped in and I freaked out that it didn’t work. I messaged my doctor and she told me to wait a couple days and get blood work done.

I waited 2 days to get my blood work done. The HGC levels went down. Tbh I was shocked but also relived. I got 3 more blood tests done and I was cleared. I did experience a long period, from light to heavy flow. It felt like a normal period. On 12/15, I got the arm implant and it’s been smooth sailing since.

Honestly, I think the reason I didn’t feel anything is because I caught the pregnancy early or the IUD removal did the job for me. Idk but I really hope I don’t experience this BS again. Such an emotional roller coaster ride.

So that’s my story! if any of you (new or returning) read this post, I happy to answer any questions or even be there for support. We’re all in this together.

Back