Apparently I should battle w/ my husband to name our baby

@nicinc same as you - no strong feelings about boy names (or boy clothes, boy nursery themes etc.)

as a consequence, i literally just named my son my husband’s father’s name, and then samson (my husband’s name is sam), and his last name…..

it’s a boy, and so i’m okay with patronymic. actually, because i deeply love my partner, i’m more than okay with it!!! edited to add: both my husband and his family are thrilled ♥️

on the other hand, my daughter has a fabulous name that i chose and i’m very happy with. it’s all about choosing your battles!

@nicinc This helped me: You can walk through a cemetery and look for a name. There’s old, cool ones that I never heard of. And it’s spooky for spooky season 🎃

Or I had a middle name picked out first and matched the first name with that. Doing it backwards helped for some reason.

@nicinc My son got his name approximately 2-1/2 hours following his birth (vaginal, unmedicated) when my husband walked into my room and said "How about name?". I wholeheartedly agreed. I had just done 17 hours of labour unmedicated. Had a brand new episiotomy, felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to everything south of my belly button ... if "Asshole Cuntface Dickwad" had been proposed, I would have agreed to it.

As it happens, I am quite happy with the choice my husband made on behalf of my exhausted ass. Our son is long grown and flown. His name suits him. He is who defines the name to me. It's a great, solid, name that has done him very well from infancy and into adulthood. I really like the name.

Oh. And I kinda like the baby who came with the name. A little. Just a titche. ;)

@nicinc Obviously a way different circumstance, but I am a little sad that my first son's name is 100% from his dad. His first name was picked by him, middle name is one of his father's middle names, and last name is his as well... and well, we're divorced lol. I still think it is a beautiful name, and I absolutely adore his first name, but the straw that breaks the camel's back is picking up the phone for my son's doctors and hearing, "Hi is this Mrs. [Ex's last name]?"

@nicinc We just made a bet before we knew the gender. I bet for a girl because I had good girl names. I lost lol & he gets to pick the name now.

@nicinc My husband won’t even talk about our daughter or her name. At 38 weeks he finally suggested his ex girlfriends name from high school and his other ex and his favorite bands singer. It was a slap in the face. I’d be happy to have a husband who had a serious name conversation like that. Play a game for the name. Winner gets first and loser gets middle.

@nicinc First blood, so hubs is still around to change diapers and keep you from having to do all of the parenting by yourself. But you can make it a nasty wound and remind him of why your will is never to be challenged.

@nicinc My baby's name after the father. He's always wanted to have that and that doesn't bother me. I love his name and the way it's spelled. Maybe jus talk to him about it doesn't have to be a battle..

@nicinc Why the need to battle? I'm sure you at exhausted and it just seems so unhealthy and unnecessary.

Personally we are playing by the "two yes, one no" rules for naming.

@nicinc If you are cool.with it, do it. I had lots of names for our boy and husband shot them all down, so I just picked the best one off his lost.

Having a girl this time and I get to pick the name. I was gunna get to pick even if it was a boy. (He got first last time and I got middle. He wants middle this time, but I've had a girl name picked out since we started dating 10 yrs ago, lol)