Please do *not* buy your kids Hoo Jit Zu toys

@joshlynn888 My wife and I are banning those type of toys in our house. After having them explode and shooting tiny gooey beads everywhere we are done with them. I had a stress ball in my car that also exploded in the winter because it got frozen. Never again.

@lightbringer72 That's what I was thinking. That alone would probably inspire any normally-reasonable kid to "investigate": looks like boba, feels like boba, must be boba?

Are tapioca pearls sticky? Can't we all just play with them?

@joshlynn888 I appreciate the heads up, they’re commonly sold at target and my son loves these things but is also the kind of kid that acts like a goat and will eat anything that looks tasty and will fit in his mouth, especially things like orbites or balls.

@joshlynn888 Wow, thanks for this post! I had bought one for my son thinking it was a stretch Armstrong type of deal (obviously I didn't look too closely). I'll be returning and replacing with something else.

@joshlynn888 Ever since they were sold I refused any offers of them for my kids. If they received a squishy toy with them, in the trash it goes at the slightest hint of wear. I saw how fast they expanded and said a hard no.

Back