Please do *not* buy your kids Hoo Jit Zu toys

@joshlynn888 My son bought a stretchy dinosaur thing similar to the goo jitsu figures, it wasn’t cheap and carried the Jurassic park movie branding. When it split, this glue stuff came out and set solid on his wooden chest of drawers where the toy was left (after he split it and forgot to mention, because he’s a kid and they do dumb shit!) I’m glad he didn’t put any in his mouth or otherwise hurt himself.

@joshlynn888 We saw them, my child (old enough not to put things in his mouth) really wanted one, I thought it could be fun and bought it. It broke down the same day. When that happened and saw the "magic" behind the toy, I couldn't believe how on Earth something like this can be allowed in the market.
Now I just say "no" whenever my son wants any of these novelty toys. It's crazy.

@cadams2 don’t tell him it got stolen he will feel like he needs to guard things. just sit and depending on his age tell him the truth, the toy has dangerous things inside that can make us sick. giving him a new toy to replace it is a nice idea tho!

@cadams2 Meltdowns are normal. Kids won't learn to emotionally regulate if we try to shield them from it and therefore don't give them the opportunities to learn how to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I do try to avoid them in certain situations (e.g. I'd rather not have to deal with a complete meltdown in the middle of a packed grocery store), but it's important that kids get occasions to learn to deal with their emotions.

@joshlynn888 Orbeez are the worst. Not only are they a pain to pick up and they’re a choking hazard, they’re also horrible for the environment

Edit: they’re not horrible for the environment.

@jingle42 Thanks for such a wonderful reply! TheGratitudeBot has been reading millions of comments in the past few weeks, and you’ve just made the list of some of the most grateful redditors this week! Thanks for making Reddit a wonderful place to be :)

Back