Please do *not* buy your kids Hoo Jit Zu toys

joshlynn888

I’m an RN who works at the poison center, and a parent. The statement below is my own, and not related to my provider.

We’ve seen a huge influx recently in ingestion of water beads (aka Orbeez), and a new culprit is the Goo Jit Zu toys.

Water beads can cause a lot of issues, most namely a choking hazard, and causing intestinal obstruction/blockage, which may need to be removed surgically, and are very difficult to visualize on any imaging (X-ray, CT).

Please, please toss any of these toys you have. Return them for something else if you get it give one for the holidays.

If you need the poison center, 1-800-222-1222, 24/7.

@katrina2017 Further to this, there have also been instances of contaminated water (eg with E Coli) in cheap water-filled toys from places like China.

Toys like these - though I have no information that these particular toys are unsafe, it's merely toys in this style/design that can be problematic.

@lightbringer72 thanks

I think I had (or maybe still have, need to double check) a ball toy filled with water from china with shiny glitter/water beads. Still remember when I bought it I was just like "so, we have chinese water now?" and prob thinking when it will leak since my son threw it a lot.