Not so fit pre-pregnancies but wanting to improve postpartum

pokerbob

Some background(sorry it’s a little long), I’m currently 34+2 with what will be my third delivery in just under 37 months (July ‘17, July ‘19, due late Aug, early Sept). Before my son was born in ‘17 I was light but not necessarily fit (25, 5’ 4”, 115lb and rarely worked out), I gained at least 50+ lbs with him, I stopped weighing myself when I was heavier than my husband. PP with him I wasnt fully committed to losing weight because I knew I’d soon be prepping for a surrogacy and was going to gain it all back, I got down to 125 prior to my second pregnancy. Gained about 25lb my second pregnancy but that postpartum period I got back down to 125 very fast because I was pumping and didn’t have the baby to take care of due to it being a surrogacy so I was able to rest and focus on taking care of just me, not me and a newborn. I got pregnant a few months later and decided I needed to take care of myself more during this pregnancy than the others, with my dr’s ok I started running on my breaks at work and doing yoga. Then COVID happened, now I’m working from home and it’s too hot/humid to run outside but still doing yoga when I have time between working, caring for my almost 3 yo, and the 3rd trimester exhaustion.

Fast forward to my point of the post. I am committed to getting my somewhat pre-pregnancy x3 body back as I will (hopefully) not be pregnant again for about 2.5 yrs, but I have 0 idea where to start. I did competition cheerleading in high school so I was very fit at one point in my life but that floundered out after graduation. I have been researching guides because like I said I have no clue where to start. Has anyone had success with any guides having not been previously fit/into exercising? I’ve read lots of good things about Expecting and Empowered taking it slow and being helpful but that price is surely shellshock! And the other programs I’ve looked at all seem to be a little intense and not as long as E+E. Or even any advice on where to start will be helpful!

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read the massive post!

TL;DR-34+2, will have 3 deliveries in just over 3 years, not super fit prior to first pregnancy, but committed to getting fit following current pregnancy. Looking for advice on where to start.

@pokerbob Chelsea Method is another postpartum pelvic-floor based program created by PTs. It's subscription-based so potentially cheaper than E&E. https://www.chelseamethod.com/

I wasn't in your shoes but I think overall the important things are 1. Strengthening core and 2. Finding a routine that incorporates your kids or otherwise fits your life as a mom with a baby and a toddler!

@pokerbob I can’t recommend MommaStrong enough. It’s an evidence based program that supports the healthy function of our bodies pre and post partum. It has daily workouts, nothing past 15 minutes a day or less, and a whole section dedicated to “fix me” exercises if you are experiencing pain.
It’s only $5 a month and the best investment you could make in yourself. Good luck ♥️