Anyone else’s baby fit into smaller age size in clothes?

@netty805 Sizing by months is dumb. It should be by weight.

My baby is pretty tall but nonetheless she's usually in outfits about 3 months after the outfit's listed age.

Of course it also varies by brand.

Wear what fits and only worry if your pediatrician says there is something wrong

@netty805 It may just depend on the clothes. FTM here and was shocked to see that baby sizes are like buying my own clothes. One stores new born size is more 3 to 6 months. I was like what in the world! But just like the clothes, all babies are different shapes and sizes.

@netty805 My 20 month old still wears a few pairs of his elastic band 6-9 month pants. They’re more like capris on him now but the waistband fits. He’s a bean pole.

@netty805 Yep my almost 7 month old is still in 0-3. 3-6 fit but are big and baggy. I’ve had to go to 3-6 for dresses just for the length. It’s crazy! Her dad is 6’4 and I’m 5’9. She’s just long and lean! My husband says she’s just a frugal gal getting the most of her clothes

@netty805 My 12 month old is in 9 month clothing, a few 12 month items depending on brand and/or clothing type. Very dependent on baby’s size and brand, etc.

@netty805 I was a small baby, my daughter was tiny and her two babes have been small as well.

The doctors have expressed concern over how small
My grands were at birth until my daughter explained that she and her mother (me) were less than 6 lbs at birth, but otherwise perfectly healthy.

@netty805 My daughters in the 75th percentile for weight and the 50th for height (even though her dad and i are both over 5'10'') and fits in clothes anywhere from 0-3 months to 6-9/6-12 depending on the item and she is 6 months old

@netty805 My 8 month old son is long but slim. Length wise he’s just about to move up into 9-12month stuff, specifically vests, sleepsuits, and trousers. But tops and jumpers he’s still in 3-6 and 6-9 month stuff. There’s even the odd 1-3month top that still fits him and while the 9-12month stuff fits wonderfully on him length wise, it’s still a bit baggy up top so I’m forever rolling up sleeves lol. Baby clothing is complicated because all babies are different. It’s always a gamble buying something so if in doubt I always just buy the next size up. Much better to have something that they can grow into rather than wasting money on something that’s already too small!

@netty805 My baby is small (4th persentil) and at 11weeks is just about to grow out of her 0-1m / NB clothes, so far she has always put grown things lengthwise, most of the clothes have room fit way more belly!
Was yours in tiny baby size when born? Ours was, I'm actually kinda excited as she has some cute clothes in 0-3 months she has been given and I'm looking forward to her wearing them

@netty805 I have a 23 month old who still fits into some 12 and most 18 month stuff 😅 both me and my husband’s families are notoriously slow growers, so it wasn’t that much of a surprise, but he has some health issues and is failure to thrive, so he is small

@netty805 Can she still fit newborn sizes? And is it fitting perfectly for her? Maybe she’ll be in newborn size for a while b4 actually fitting into her 0-3months clothing.

@netty805 I really don't like it when clothes have an age suggestion, because babies (and toddlers) don't reach a certain size at the same time even though I assume the sizing us based on something. I like when the size says a number and that number refers to how many cm tall the baby/toddler is. Or inches/feet or whatever unit of measurement is used where the clothes are sold.

@netty805 My first was in newborn for 4 months, and then in 0-3 from 4 months until about 6ish months. 3-6 from 6ish months to about 10ish months. 6-9 from 10-15months and so on and so forth. She's 3.5 now and technically wears 3T, but a lot of the pants fall off her still. She's just got long legs, so 2T pants are capris on her.

My second wore newborn until 6ish weeks. 0-3 until like 4.5 months, 3-6 until about 6 months, and is currently in 6-9 at 9.5 months but will probably be moving into 9-12 soon.

So basically every kid is different, and the size labels mean nothing.

@netty805 I imagine it’s a combo of having a smaller baby (which is not bad!) and clothing sizes being all over the place. My 3.5yr old daughter is small, but she currently fits into clothes anywhere from 9mos-3T. The other day she and my 9 month old son were both in 12 month pants even though there’s 10 pounds between them.

Also my daughter has always been at a very low weight percentile (1st-10th), and as long as she stays on her own curve, her doctors have never been worried.

@netty805 Part of it is clothes are different lengths and sizes esp if they are made by different companies, just like kid/adult clothes, some places I get a small and others I get an xl and still get squeezed in all the wrong places, cause they're for different builds of ppl. I had 0-3 months old clothes barely bigger than newborn and I used them at newborn size as alternative clothes, and 0-3 month clothes my baby is reaching the max of due to his length barely two months in. Kids grow at different places and are different sizes and shapes. He fit in his newborn clothes all the way up to roughly a month, and now it seems he's on a mission to get to 3-6 months old clothes and it's barely been 3 weeks later. My little one was born at the 9.99 percentile in weight and lost a bit now is gaining faster than average due to his monstrous appetite. Just keep feeding your baby and get at minimum 3 outfits that fit (one to wash, one to wear, one just in case), upgrade if it's a tight fit. If it's loose that's ok, they grow into them pretty quick. I stuck to onesies of whatever fits til my little one didn't look like he was gonna be swimming in the sleeper, and used a sleep sack to help him stay warm and cozy.

Thanks all I won’t worry about it then as it seems normal enough! Maybe she’ll just be a petite girl or potentially a growth spurt will occur and she’ll go back to the “regular” size. I’m not sure what percentile she is but will ask the health visitor at my next appointment:)