Next level rudeness

@stevenglo I have started just going straight there as soon as people bring it up. Look them right in the eye and say, "We wanted another, but we weren't able to." If it makes them uncomfortable, oh well. They made me uncomfortable too. People shouldn't comment on other people's family size.

@bkapambwe7 Yep. I do this too. I got sick to death of the pushy people. I usually say "nope, can't have any more." And then if they pushes comes the "well you never know.." Then I generally look them dead in the eye and say, "well it took two years of fertility treatment to get pregnant, almost died in childbirth, and was told if I could even get pregnant again, myself and baby could/probably die. So NO I DO KNOW." I hate people like this.

@stevenglo I would have been much ruder than you. Like litterally would have grabbed my kid and walked out and found a different salon. Or would have been calling for a manager. That’s so unbelievably rude.

@stevenglo It’s not too late to call and discuss with a manager. That really needs to be flagged. It was insulting for OAD folks, but this conversation could be devastating for people who can’t have more and desperately want more.

@stevenglo I’m guessing you talked with your LO to process afterwards. Is she doing okay? Does she understand what happened and everything? That’s such an impressionable age. Poor little buddy, that lady was straight up trying to convince her she felt lonely and push her into thinking a certain way! That’s so rude and harmful. I hope your kiddo and you still enjoyed the rest of your day together!!

@theologyninja She’s doing ok - I quickly diverted her attention to a dog that was in the shop so she wasn’t just sitting there being sad. We’ve talked about it a number of times - she’s asked for a sibling and we tell her that our family is complete, and that if/when she’s lonely she can always always always come to us for some extra love, and she’s good about doing that. We talk about how it’s ok to be sad about not having a sibling. She has cousins nearby-ish who are close in age, and a few close friends and we talk about how there’s family that we are born with and family we choose along the way, and she has a friend she has grown up with that she considers her “chosen sister”.

@stevenglo I’m so glad. I can’t imagine meeting a kiddo for the first time, especially for a service their parent is paying for, and being like “Are you lonely? You must be!” Like, the audacity!!

@theologyninja Right?! We are literally out together for a girls day. She is the least lonely kid I know - we dote on this child. She is our universe, and the assertion that she’s somehow neglected just set me offffffff!

@stevenglo Wow, that WAS next level. I understand when people don't think about it and ask questions or make comments, especially if they've never "been there, done that." But she just wouldn't take the hint and drop it. My guess is she's probably not very good at reading social queues in general.

@stevenglo Wow what an absolute nut job! Sad to say this type of ridiculous behavior at nail salons doesn’t surprise me. There have been loads of instances where they have made rude comments to a friend I was with once. When I was pregnant I got the but you’re so small comment. Too small. 😒

I’m so sorry you had to go through that op and with your daughter there! Unacceptable! I hope she got the message 🤬

@bareezwood She’s a tough little nut and was ok. There was a dog in the store and as soon as I saw that she was getting upset, I pointed the dog out to her and she got distracted pretty quickly. She hasn’t brought it up yet; it usually takes her a few days to process stuff before she’s ready to talk about it, and since we’ve talked about siblings before I’m letting her take the lead if she wants to talk about it again.