Next level rudeness

@stevenglo As soon as I read nail salon, I knew where this was going. I swear I have this conversation every time I get my nails done. It makes me not want to go! And that’s even worse that they did it with your daughter there wtf! I’m so sorry!

@stevenglo That is crazy! Imagine the message a little kid gets from hearing that…either she alone isn’t enough, or you don’t want another like her because there’s something wrong with her.

I’m so sorry that happened to you, and in front of your daughter too. 😞

@stevenglo I hope you didn't leave a tip.

One of the perks of living in NYC is that (almost) none of the nail techs aren't fluent in English, so it's a chill experience.

@elvinajames Having to pre-tip was, in retrospect, a huge red flag. I think I just went with it because it’s been so long since I’ve had my nails done or been in a salon that I wasn’t sure if protocol had changed. But my guess now is that this woman - who was also the owner - has a difficult time reading social cues and has gotten stiffed pretty regularly.

@stevenglo Idk, I know women like this and she probably thought she was just giving you some friendly encouragement. "Go on Mrs. Good Looking, you've got one more in you!".
Not cool to stress your little girl out, but sounds like this lady just can't read a room.

@stevenglo Honestly if i was going into a business and they kept assuming and pushing lie that, causing my child distress, i'd just leave and find somewhere else to. You can't support businesses who have no customer service

@stevenglo I would be livid!!!!! There are limits. If someone says, "no" on a sensitive subject... Then that's it. Boundary set! Don't cross!

Some people just don't get it. Im sorry that happened! So aggravating.

@stevenglo I am sorry you ran into such an inconsiderate asshole of a nail technician who nearly had your poor daughter in tears. However, I think you handled it absolutely perfectly. Please accept my virtual 🙌🏻

@stevenglo God whyyyyyy do people feel the need to say this kind of stuff? "Aren't you lonely? Don't you want a sibling?" And a stranger no less. You handled it perfectly and hopefully your daughter forgets about it.