Heartbroken month after month - Looking for guidance on next steps

@christianforever999 I would get to a reproductive endocrinologist asap. It’s their job to get you pregnant. An obgyn’s focus is prenatal and female care, so they won’t have the urgency of an RE. Also like others have said, an HSG is another important piece of a fertility workup.

@christianforever999 Hi there ❤️ we have been trying too, we are 36 & 38. My husbands levels on everything came back optimal, and mine are normal / mostly pretty good. Slightly low progesterone - working on getting that up using stress relieving & nutritional tactics!

When I went to the doc, about 2 months after we started trying bc I’m super type A and eager to conceive, they found a small uterine polyp. I tried with it for a few months then I recently got it removed via outpatient surgery. It was spotted during a TVU & then confirmed with a saline sonogram.

I elected not to do the tube testing as I was honestly really concerned about the pain. The doctor, though she recommended it, respected my wishes and was able to test at least one tubes viability via saline sono (MUCH less painful) as well as optimize my uterus by slightly clearing it during polyp removal - all without the painful procedure.

I guess what I’m saying is - I was extremely concerned about the pain and worked with my doc to find another way. Since you’ve been trying for over a year, you may elect to do it - and she can definitely handle it!! - but don’t be pressured into it. Don’t be pressured into anything. I know that’s hard on this journey.

On another note, doctors like Aimee Raupp, Aviva Romm, and fertility expert Lisa Hendrickson Jack have lots of good insight and lifestyle changes that can be helpful.

Best of luck to you!