My girlfriend missed 2 pills, but doesn’t remember when

rboggs10

My girlfriend typically takes them at 9pm every day, but noticed today that she took the Monday pill (it’s Wednesday). She isn’t sure which ones she missed. We aren’t really sure what she should do. Should she just skip up in the pack? Or should she try to catch up?

@rboggs10 If you had sex in the last week there’s no way to guarantee not being pregnant. In a few weeks she should take a pregnancy test. If negative a few weeks later maybe take another one to be sure. I know that’s not what you asked but just throwing it out there. She could take 2 today and continue taking as normal after or like someone else said she could just use this week as her placebo/period week..she’ll likely bleed or spot either way. Or at least that’s how it was for me if I missed 2 days in a row.

@franciszhuswc The thing is with that, she isn’t sure which ones were missed, or even if they were 2 days in a row. She’s taken every one, she’s just currently on Monday instead of Wednesday. She isn’t sure where the missed pills happened

@rboggs10 Since she doesn’t know I would take 2 today and then take normal after today. If she missed last week and took normal this week its still not going to hurt her to take 2 today. Even if she missed just one pill you’re suppose to take 2 the following day. Just be easy on her tonight and the next couple days bc she might feel exhausted, have a headache, maybe cramp some. Also use condoms for the next week just incase she did miss those 2 pills this week. And please be easy on her for missing bc I promise she already feels guilty (even tho it was an accident). It happens to other women all the time and it might happen to her again. How we forget to take it sometimes even tho it’s routine idk but it does accidentally happen time to time. If you’re really worried about it just sleep tonight and get her to call her doctor or pharmacy in the morning and ask them what she should do.

@franciszhuswc Sounds good, I think I’ll tell her that. The thing is, I’m usually supposed to give her the pill, but she’s out of town with her family on spring break, so I understand her forgetting. I’m not ridiculously worried, I just wanted to be sure it wouldn’t harm her.

@graceacation That sounds like a good idea, but I’m not sure it would work for her since she’s just starting pack 2 of 3, so her refill won’t be for a while. She missed some in pack 1, but she has still taken all of them, just exactly two days behind. I’m not really sure how they work, so I’m a bit worried about possible health concerns.

@rboggs10 her health will be fine but she could get pregnant. Don't have sex for 7-10 days and keep taking them as normal. I suggest going on the next pack instead of having a period for peace of mind.

@rboggs10 if you don't want to waste pills, then yes. You will NOT be safe from pregnancy for 10 to 14 days, depending on the exact pill. Use condoms or no sex.

After the pill she could do 1 of 2 things -

skip the placebo/period week (totally safe), and start the new pack. Go through it as usual, and then do the period week AFTER.

If she does not want to skip the period week, DO NOT HAVE SEX FOR 10-14 days AGAIN until back on it.

I recommend step 1 for the least confusion/most protection.

@rboggs10 Yes, she could run into insurance issues with refills if she gets “too many” because of things like this. I take mine without taking the placebo pills and I have to get my dr to write the script specifically for that to get a full years worth.

Id just keep chugging along with the pack but double up on protection. And test.