I have full custody of my kids (4, 6 & 8) indefinitely and I don’t know how to tell them why

@hisman Op: I'm living the same thing .Kids mom got a felony dwi . Had supervised visitation, stopped going to treatment and skipped on court. She now has multiple warrants so she won't meet up with us(regularly). Still haven't figured out how to explain it(my daughter is 4).

@hisman “After two years without abusing it, I had to test her.” - I’m reading this as “I had to test her because she was behaving in a way that made me suspect she was not sober”. Hair follicle test shows that she hadn’t fallen off the wagon earlier, it doesn’t show if she just now fell off.

She had a DUI with the kids in the car. She needs to do the thing. If she’s doing 12 step based recovery it’s also a red flag if she’s refusing to to blow as per the agreement. Get ready for her to blame you for “losing” her sobriety.

I don’t know what to tell the kids. I wonder if Al anon has some good guidance for handling the ease situations with young ones?

@hisman Why did she refuse breathalyzer? If she knew hair follicle test would show clean, why not give a blow? Maybe because hair test won’t show that she had a few today, eh?