I’m so tired of hearing what other people did/ are doing with their babies

@katlin Nothing. I don’t understand the messaging on some of these parenting subreddits that you’re supposed to be in a bubble with just your partner for extended periods with babies. It’s shocking that a DHS worker would call being in the world dangerous for babies 😬

@tonipraise Yup. There’s unfortunately some parents that take the “life’s over” ribs from people seriously. If your kid is fairly healthy, I understand there are situations where they may not be or have other issues, then get the hell of of the house and live your life. Go to do stuff, travel, whatever.

Every day I love proving my one girlfriend wrong who rudely told me at my baby shower “You won’t have anytime for yourself once the baby is home”. Just knowing she’s simmering when she hears my husband and I go out of town on vacation with our baby gives me a bit of joy. I’ll post about it on Facebook for the purpose of her seeing it lol.

@katlin I have 2 kids and a puppy. I’m not out bar hopping, but we go out every single day. Activities are more kid oriented but still. My life wasn’t over with my 1st, having 2 under 2, or getting a dog. It’s fun.

@chikku4u I disagree. There is nothing wrong with doing most of these things with a baby. A 7 month old can go on long car trips just fine if the parents choose. It’s less normal to be home all the time and not go anywhere ever

@danmat777 We do take her places. Yesterday I carted her around all day to two separate family visits. I just don’t wanna put her on a boat or keep her out late or give her rice cereal right now and we want to wake up at home together on our first family Christmas.

@charity78777 No. But in as much as you should be allowed to celebrate different milestones so should they. Context is obviously key but I think most new parents are just trying to survive and celebrate those wins. Everyone struggles in different ways so when someone says they went on a big trip at 3mo with their baby and yours is after a year it's not meant to be a reflection on you or your parenting abilities. It's a reflection of them and their unique journey.

I struggled with not being jealous too. I had a different journey from many but not most. A lot of our firsts came later. Like, the first time I bathed my daughter happened at 4mo. It's hard hearing about all the moms that got to bathe their children, hold them, go on walks right off the hop. I didn't get to do any of that. But that's not their fault and they shouldn't be made to feel they can't celebrate. Because they should. And I should. It just happens at different times and that's ok.

@keyslammer I think the context of my post was misunderstood. I edited it for clarity. I’m not jealous of any of those babies and don’t mind what any other family does with their kids. I just don’t feel comfortable doing those things myself, and it irritates me when people insinuate that I’m odd or somehow depriving myself or my child because of my parenting preferences.

@charity78777 We get this, mainly from MIL comparing us to her other son and DIL. Baby won’t remember any of this and dgaf about them. Any access or anything is literally just about us parents and what we would like. Baby only needs their parents at this point and for a long while yet…

Back