How to handle a kid hitting your kid?

@niccole2011 You cannot force another parent to parent their kids correctly. Imo you handled it perfectly: you corrected the behavior, got the kid to apologize, focused on helping your daughter to feel better, and let the parent know. What he does w/ the info is on him.

He is allowed to raise his kid like that, even if it’s wrong and will cause all kinds of trouble down the line. Don’t waste anymore energy on him. Your daughter saw you advocate for her safety and not allow another to harm her. You are parenting the right way and your daughter is your priority.

It’s hard but you have to shake the other dad off. Be prepared for more encounters w/ boys parents allowing their kids to be shitty to your daughter. The priority is parenting her right and making her KNOW she deserves safety and you’ll always advocate for her.

@katrina2017 Definitely. And with knowing she deserves safety teaching her to advocate for herself, which may at times mean removing herself from potential harm or confrontation. This is definitely not the last time she’ll be harmed by an older boy; building a knowledge of her value and right to safety now will protect her when you can’t be there and the consequences are more than a stinging arm.

@jpaulhansen If you’re a fucking cunt, and your significant other is a fucking cunt, you know what that makes your kid? I’ll tell you he isn’t going to be a fucking scientist

@niccole2011 BRUH! I feel you. A couple of months ago a 2 year-old pushed my 1 1/2 year old baby when playing at a mall. I let it go without getting mad twice, by the third time I lost my crap and told the kid: You stop pushing my daughter now! Then I got up and asked who the father of this kid was.

The grandfather was there and we almost fought because the guy got all violent and started screaming that I was in no right to yell at his kid (which he's right, I did raise my voice because I was so pissed).

But I did learn my lesson:

1. I shouldn't have raised my voice.
  1. I should've looked for the parent before I talked to the kid.
  2. I shouldn't have made a fuzz out of this whole situation
Next time, looking for the parent and trying to address it calmly or just removing yourself from this place is the way to go.

People aren't willing to teach their kids to respect other people and to play nice.

I completely understand the boiling blood feeling.

@phumzile I mean, the other kid was two... You can't really stranger-parent a 2 year old. Best you can do is alert the guardian, and if that isn't met with help then "we don't push, I can't have my kid being pushed, we are leaving" kind of deal.

But a 7 year old? I would hope if my 7 year old was knowingly causing harm that someone would step in!

@phumzile Yeah, it’s tough. Once at the park a boy a bit older than my 2 year old daughter was playing rough with his brother and hogging part of the playground. My daughter, who thinks everyone is her best friend, went to play with them. The little shit just punched her right in the face unprovoked. She of course howled.

Right in front of the adult I started teaching her how to throw a right hook. And God forbid her older brother sees it. He’s already very protective of her. I worry more about him freaking out on a kid because he’s autistic and can’t regulate his emotions.

This all to say, it’s not easy in the moment and I probably shouldn’t have done that, but it’s how I showed I’m not raising kids to just take it from your kids. But yeah, my son might tear the kid’s head off so I should just laugh it up with them and redirect to avoid something pretty awful from happening.

@niccole2011 That other dad sounds like the kind of guy who wants that “girl expelled for hitting my son!” when his son has been bullying her. Equal rights equal fights? Between a 7 and 4 year old? Gtfo.