How DH “does the laundry”

@elle9406 Maybe it's time for a laundry master class, and they'd better be taking notes.
Seriously, do the laundry you need to do. Leave DHs for him- he wants to ruin it? Let him. DS... My mom used to point out to my brother that she had all her kids doing their own laundry by age 9 (I was a bit older prob because it was a top loader and I was smaller). DS can certainly contribute, though.

@cows At least you can find tools, my guy is a mechanic so you know there are tools coming out his ears, one would think I'd be able to find a medium phillips head in a reasonable amount of time....no, I spent 30 minutes going through drawers, piles on top of tool boxes, checking the junk drawer...gave up, poured myself some wine, I'll have an easier time finding a new liver at this rate.

@elle9406 I stopped doing my husbands laundry YEARS ago. It’s his problem, he gets them dry but NEVER puts them away and lives out of baskets. Then gets mad at me when I accidentally put dirty shit in the clean basket. STOP LEAVING YOUR CLOTHES ALL OVER MY BEDROOM ITS MY SANCTUARY. I do mine, both kids, and our linens AND manage to get everything folded and put away in a reasonable amount of time while working full time. 😣😑

@elle9406 I really want to create a show called “the husband whisperer” or something to that effect — like queer eye for the straight guy meets the dog whisperer where they take a common husband fuckery and correct it in a humorous non threatening way.

All of these husbands doing the same half assed job yet expecting us wives to step up and do half or more of the earning and then giving us shit about not having sex enough — like dude — learn how to do the laundry for fuck’s sake and we’ll talk.

@elle9406 My husband is pretty good at doing laundry, besides folding it. In all honesty I won’t let him because it’s like the man never learned how to fold clothes.

What really gets me is how he washes the dishes. I do the dishes 15-20 times a week. We don’t have a dishwasher. The 3-5 times he does the dishes, they are still dirty. He’ll “wash” them under lukewarm water, will only soap the sponge once at the beginning and never reapply soap. And then oh my god... the way how he puts them in the dish drainer... it’s like he’s trying to play Janga. If I try to put away the dishes after they dry, I’ll pluck one thing out and they all go falling down. Like how hard is it? There’s even designated spots in our dish drainer for different things! Instead of putting the plates sideways how about putting them in their designated slots? If there’s too many dishes in the dish drainer that cause you to * have * to start piling them up... the dish towel is right there! Dry them and put them away. It takes less than 10 minutes.

@elle9406 Yeah my boyfriend doesn’t understand why it’s the total opposite of helpful to put a load on, “forget” about it, and let me find it in the washer at 9pm. Because now there’s no time to dry it properly, so it has to be rewashed in the morning otherwise it stinks. Therefore, wasting a pod.

And why tf do they think it’s ok to tumble dry delicate, lace garments?

I like your oil idea. Except I’m gonna do it with the grass. I’ll mow the whole thing, then empty the grass box back onto the lawn.

@elle9406 You made me laugh because laundry is the one and only one area where my husband is more meticulous than me. I ain't got time to check pockets and turn shit right way out before washing but he is so particular, lol. Like you do you man- get back to me when you learn how to load a dishwasher like a human being or clean a toilet or can even point out the location of the power button on the vacuum.

@elle9406 My husband used to put all towels together regardless of color. All of mine were white. All of his were black and dark blue. I had a full crazy person breakdown one day and scream cried about my stuff being ruined. He didn't super get it, but I put away all of his dark towels so now he can still put all towels together. Sigh.

@elle9406 My husband doesn’t even get to step 1. All he does is putting his dirty clothes in the laundry bag. That’s it. End of his involvement with laundry.

Sometimes I ask him to pick things up from the line (don’t have a drier yet) and all he does is literally picking the things up and leaving them all sitting in a pile in a chair. The magic laundry fairies then come and fold the laundry and put it away in everybody’s closets.

@elle9406 We got a Costco membership during quarantine and bought a big ol fabric softener. Clearly marked “fabric softener” this man used most of it thinking it was detergent 🤦🏽‍♀️

Edit: He was a SAHD during this time and did most household stuff because I was working and going to school full time. So I didn’t catch on until he told me we needed to get more detergent.

Back