How DH “does the laundry”

@wanttobefollower Nope! If you have a front loader with the little pull out thing to put your stuff into it releases it in a way that doesn't "bleach" your clothes. Look at the label of your shirt- I bet it says something like non-chlorine bleach when needed.

@faithwalker007 Yeah, I'm the same way. All of my clothes and the kids' clothes go in the same loads. I actually use the washer as a dirty laundry hamper, and once it's got a full load in it I start it. My partner washes his clothes separately, but that's because he's a mason so his clothes are dusty af.

I also end up rewashing clothes that I've left wet in the washer for too long. I think my record is washing the same load four times in a row haha.

I don't have a lot of "nice" clothes. My wardrobe is a fairly even split of t-shirts, jeans, hoodies, and tights. My hoodies aren't going to be harmed by washing with my kid's pjs, and my Walmart sports bras aren't going to be damaged by mingling with my toddler's sweats. I guess it would be different if I had like silk blouses or something, but that's definitely not me.

My mom has a heart attack whenever she sees me do laundry. "You're putting your kitchen towels in with your pants?!?!" Ma, what do you imagine happens in there? My jeans and towels aren't members of opposing gangs, they're isn't going to be a war because they're in the same enclosed space.

@theflower I love this! I used to be that way until one of my children once hid poop undies in the pile of laundry without having anyone properly deal with it, and a super full load of everyone’s laundry came out smelling of poo and there was an actual turd in the bottom of the washing machine.

I’ll be sure to tip his future spouse off about this possibility. 🤢