Every item we've used for our 2-month old so far

@praisethelord12 Great list. I received a bottle sanitizer as a gift and didn’t think I would use it much but it has come in so handy, especially for pump parts.

I spent too much money on nursing tops when I find the tanks from Old Navy better. They are comfortable and stretchy enough to pull down or to the side.

@ian83 Walmart has $4 tanks in a ton of colors that I do the same thing with! I even wore them til I gave birth cuz they are so long! They were my favorite b4 pregnancy and the baby and still are! I don't even own any actual nursing shirts.

@praisethelord12 Chiming in on lactation supplements- fenugreek will not work for everyone if you use one. It has a 50/50 shot of killing supply or helping you. Best advice is stay hydrated. When you think you’ve had enough, drink more. I also recommend a haakaa. I’m a SAHM so I’m lazy about pumping. This helps. Definitely take this to the hospital to save precious colostrum in the beginning. Bottles we use dr brown, but the wide neck version that comes with premie nipples. She’s almost 8 months old and still only takes 4-5 oz when she does get a bottle. My girl still doesn’t take a pacifier lol she did use the mushroom teether kinda like one tho! I agree with muslin, but I’d get way more than 2. We have them all over the house so if a barf happens, it’s there lol

Instead of a mirror for the car, we bought a car monitor, camera goes on headrest and monitor sits on dash, definitely get the night vision one! Swear by it.

@praisethelord12 Unless you've been taught how to correctly please do NOT take a baby's temp rectally. Doing it axillary is the recommended method and is basically just as accurate as rectal. The hospitals and drs offices don't even take rectal temps anymore under normal circumstances they do it axillary!

@praisethelord12 This is amazing. Thank you so much for all of this! Did baby like both bouncer and swing? Did you notice
You used one more than the other? I am having a hard time deciding on a bouncer.. and which one to get...and am curious on different mom’s experiences with them!

@bcrouch We got a cheap $20 Fisher Price bouncer and it's worked really well. It's been an easy place to sit him down to get things done and also very portable around the house. We also have the Graco Duet Connect swing/bouncer combo and we've used it, but not nearly as much as the cheap bouncer. Honestly it will probably come down to baby's preference but I say the bouncer is a must.

@littletim Thank you!! I was actually looking at the graco swing and bouncer and have that on my registry. I also added the snugapuppy swing...cause I hear sooo many rave reviews about that silly swing. I have both on there until I can decide which to take off, before sharing the registry with anyone. Is the graco great? Or would you do a separate swing and bouncer if you had to choose again?
I found a bouncer I think will work and added it. Now I just don’t know if I stick with the graco swing/bouncer or the snuggapuppy swing with a separate bouncer. So many choices makes my head spin!

@bcrouch I'm not familiar with the snuggapuppy so I can't speak to that. The swing/bouncer combo has been fine, I've honestly just been super lazy and never put batteries in the bouncy seat so sitting him in that by itself hasn't happened at all. The other bonus to the standalone bouncer is the toy bar at the top. We've attached rings and other toys to it to keep him more entertained. I initially bought the swing/bouncer to have downstairs and the bouncer seat for upstairs but due to the laziness I referenced above I just carry the bouncer around lol

@bcrouch It actually took a while for my daughter to warm up to the swing and bouncer - she loooooves being held! We’re still working on warming her up to the swing so I can place her in it and get a little break, do some chores, eat a meal. :)
If you’re not sure, try one and see if they like it. We have a second-hand baby store in our area and they always have lightly used gear at a good price!