Every item we've used for our 2-month old so far

@praisethelord12 Great list! Our experience was different with a few items:

We never needed a single burp cloth. LO literally never burped up. Not until we started solids and he started stuffing his face full of food.

We did not need saline spray or a snot sucker until we started daycare at 9 months an LO caught his first cold. Babies sound stuffy in the first few weeks/months of life, but I do not think they need saline spray unless they are actually sick.

We used puppy pee pads as a portable changing pad. Nothing against it, we just never bought one for some reason and due to COVID we weren't out much, so pee pads were enough.

Nursing pillow was one of the most essential items! I was bringing it everywhere and can not imagine the first few months without it. I know it is different for everyone. We had the breastfriend pillow.

Yes to a rocking chair. I was not sure at first, but now wish we got ours sooner. Also it's nice to have a large yoga (fitness) ball for bouncing on with the baby for some extra motion. Some babies absolutely love it!

I did not need nursing tanks, just nursing bras. I had a few stretchy basic tank tops, so I could pull them down. I also used the double tank/shirt trick. I would wear a tank top and a t-shit or whatever other shirt on top. When in public, I would pull the t-shirt (shirt) up and the tank top down. That way I had most of my breast and my belly covered and it's still easy to breastfeed.

YES! To white noise machine! LO is 13mo now and he naps well without it at daycare and we still use it on very low at home. Do not worry about them getting addicted to it. It is super easy to wean when/if you need to, but it makes a huge difference in their sleep when they are a newborn.

@praisethelord12 https://share.montikids.com/x/TPbG34

You can use the link above to get 75$ off your first order of Monti Kids educational toys and lessons program for this month only - it’s similar to Lovevery. We used both and I started with month 5/6 with Lovevery but we got the newborn kit and every kit with Monti Kids from the start and they are great.

————————————————

If anyone is wants some awesome organic bamboo clothes you can check out Goumi Kids or Kyte.

Here’s a Kyte baby discount coupon

http://rwrd.io/gm6kagt?c 10$ off 50$ order for bamboo clothes and you can also match the baby since they have adult joggers etc.

————————————————

Goumi Kids organic bamboo clothing discount code

Here is a link for 40$ off 80$ 1st purchase on organic bamboo clothes and onsies on first order! I’ve gotten their footies and toddler Pjs and they are super soft. Baby gowns are super useful one clip for bottom for diaper changes with one clip

http://rwrd.io/42a74i7?c

@parnellj83 We got one short sleeve pack, one long sleeve pack in newborn size. Our girl was quite small at birth so she wore them for quite a while. We have long sleeve 0-3 months and I think we’ll get short sleeve too for the warmer months, though long sleeve is good for sun protection. ☺️

@praisethelord12 Do you find you actually use this many sleep sacks / swaddles?

I went a little overboard and got a few in each size (ie newborn, 6-12, and 12+), plus a few different togs. I feel I may have too many, but maybe not?

@scotch For us, 4-5 was a good amount. Some thin, some thick, and different styles to try out with our LO since you don’t know what they’ll like. Ours ended up loving Halo swaddles (cotton and especially the micro fleece ones) and we usually have one or two in the wash since she spits up on them frequently. ☺️

@praisethelord12 Thanks for your feedback! I did get a few different brands too so we can try them out. Super anxious about the sleep side of things because I know how poorly I handle a lack of sleep already. 😂

@scotch Oof the sleep is rough. At first it’s such a shock to the system, but it does get better! If you have people who can help out, take advantage and sleep when you can. Eventually you and baby will get into a nice rhythm. ☺️

@fatalalgorithm We love it! My only complaint is that the stroller is quite heavy. Though, we really haven't used the stroller much at all! When we go on walks, one of us wears her in a carrier. I really wanted the Uppababy, but I'm actually glad I didn't spend the extra money on it, feels a bit unnecessary to me.