Every item we've used for our 2-month old so far

@praisethelord12 That's a great list. Only thing to add: snacks and drinks for the nursery station!

Absolutely get that peri bottle or simliar and put that in your hospital bag! It was one of the best things to have especially if they have to cut/stitch.

And really enough bra pads to change regularly. I didn't think I would need them sooo bad.

@beegesonofgod YES! I didn't include that, but I absolutely have a nursing station on this cart and I love it so much! It has all my medication/supplements, burp cloths, water bottle, snacks, pump, and little stuff like her nail clippers I can use after a feed. It keeps everything contained and I love being able to roll it out of view when people come over to visit!

@praisethelord12 This might be dumb and/or overthinking, but for the first few months, why use onesies? Why not just use footie pajamas? I figure we’ll just be kind of lying around the house for the first month at least, so seems like the easier the clothes are, the better, right? Are there certain situations you’d prefer a onesie/pants combo?

Edit: baby due in November and it is cold where I live.

@brainworks My kid wore a diaper all day long since we lounged at home all the time for the first two months. He wore footie pjs (little sleepies with the zipper from foot to neck) at night. It was perfect for us in the southwest US in the spring.

@praisethelord12 Thanks for this! Question re: Ubbi diaper pail - when I tested it in the store I found the little sliding door thing to be really sticky and hard to open - do you have any issues with that? I took it off my registry bc I couldn’t imagine having to wrangle it open with one hand while holding baby with the other 🤔

@christinauk Hmm... could have been that particular pail. We don’t have that problem, ours slides easily. But honestly we leave it open a lot to make diaper changes easier. With breastfeeding, her poo doesn’t smell too bad right now. I’m sure we’ll be closing it as soon as we possibly can when she starts solids. 😅

@praisethelord12 My must haves list is wildly different! I find it interesting how others like to do things. I'm on #4 after a 6 year break and thankfully my shopping list is pretty short despite having got rid of most of the things from my previous 3. I'll be haunting thrift shops looking for the odds and ends I can't scrounge up from my sister who is one and done with a 1 yo girl.