Don’t expect your babies to do things they haven’t been shown

@whiteisfamily Yep, as I say it’s idiotic and i feel incredibly stupid but until my partner said it I couldn’t break the negative thought process that she was delayed in something

@cph It’s ok to cut yourself some slack.

This perspective and style of teaching is a tool that no one ever gave you - until now!

But now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

@cph Not at all! So many things are taken for granted/automatic. I mainly use it because I am on the spectrum and realized that its okay that I don’t know things since I have to consciously build the habit.

@cph Being a dad/parent is hard! Put in the work, and you’ll get something out of it. 😎

Every kid progresses at a different pace. I wouldn’t sweat it too much.

@cph I put in loads of effort showing my baby how to clap. she finally clapped! then we told the day care teacher and she said "oh, baby did it yesterday!"

thanks for sharing though. makes so much sense!

@mamma1 I remember picking up my little one from daycare and the carer happened to mention that she was using sign language really well and to keep up practicing at home…….Only we had no idea she could sign, and had never once practiced signing with her. Sure enough, after googling it to see what baby sign language looks like, we noticed she was signing the whole goddamn time to us, we just had no idea! Even looking back through old videos she was clearly signing away and we were sitting there like two happy idiots totally unaware of all the hard work the daycare had been putting in. Those folks are saints.

Back