Does anyone else have their newborn live in onesies 24/7?

@healihealiheal My almost 9mo LIVES in zippies. I'm obsessed with this one brand because they last forever. I don't see a reason to NOT wear them all the time. She's a baby for fucksake.

@healihealiheal My two year old still lives in the simplest comfiest clothes. I don’t know if the uncomfortable stiff complicated cute clothes would bother her, but it would bother me lol. Clearly I have some sensory issues here haha

@healihealiheal Yes footed & footless PJs all day everyday! I actually like the ones with inverted 1-way zipper the best because undressing is so much easier when the kid has blowout during diaper change. With 2-way zipper I'd have to dress him again to undress which I find slightly annoying. I didn't mind snaps either, I just left the crotch open all the time lol.

But yeah, I was gifted with baby clothes that have actual buttons for Christmas. Who designs these?!?? Clearly not the ones who have babies.

@healihealiheal I definitely did! It's cold out, those onesies are comfy (I mean, they seem comfy--no pressure on the tummy), and they're easy to change. I think I put my girl in outfits if we were going somewhere, but at 5 weeks, I was going nowhere but my couch.

@healihealiheal My son will be 9 months this weekend, and I can still count on one hand the number of times I have dressed him up.

It’s just too much work to worry about. Plus, we don’t really go anywhere.

@healihealiheal My son was in sleepers unless I was wearing him (clothes with attached feet are good for baby wearing) and then he was in pants and socks if we went outside; (he was born last Jan) or diaper only if we were inside. There is no reason to make things harder on yourself!

@healihealiheal Mine is 4 months and there’s maybe been like 5 occasions where she hasn’t been in a sleeper. I don’t see them as pjs only. There’s so many cute sleepers out there for daytime wear and honestly they are incomparably practical!

@healihealiheal I honestly didn't even know that onesies were considered pajamas until recently. I thought that was just what kids wore. I only bother dressing up my little one if it's a special occasion or we're going out to see people, but he's in his car seat most of the time anyways so you rarely get to see the outfit. We worry about these things too much.

@healihealiheal Yup. I tried pulling on a over the head onsie that snapped on the bottom and I thought I was going to suffocate my child. Never again. I probably won’t even use any of the non-onsie clothing I was gifted. I was naive when it came to cute little outfits.

Back