Does anyone else have their newborn live in onesies 24/7?

@neostarwcc Bare feet give him more grip for when he’s on his tummy and trying to tuck his knees under himself and scoot forward! Plus he finds his feet more enticing to grab and play with when they are bare. Plus that way he can feel everything with his feet too and get accustomed to sensation

@healihealiheal My baby is four months, and she wears onesies during the day (with pants if it's cold) and PJs at night. I do love comfy jumpsuits with snaps for easy diaper changes- they're cute and just as easy! I love the look of things like baby dresses, but I don't think they make sense until babies are walking.

@ellorienne same! i dress him in a onesie and pants mainly because i bought a good amount of onesies and i want to make good use of them. but there are definitely some days where i just keep in a footie all day

@healihealiheal I will say I do get myself dressed every day and put on a little makeup and a hair band just because it makes it easier to be productive during the day, or just get up and go if I decide to go somewhere, and my husband works from home so I think it’s helpful for him mentally to not see me in pajamas all day.

But right now with the cold weather baby is primarily wearing sleepers. Sometimes I put him in outfits but I don’t think pants and socks are very comfortable for him and without them it’s too cold, so sleepers are just the best option. I do wish there were more sleepers that looked like outfits vs pajamas but whatev.

@lllgt “ I think it’s helpful for him mentally to not see me in pajamas all day” - like so he’s attracted to you, or so he doesn’t think you are just lounging around all day?

@neostarwcc The second part but it’s not so much that he’ll actually think I’m lounging around, he knows what I’m doing, I just think seeing someone in pajamas all the time, even if you know they’re working, can have a negative affect on your brain.

@healihealiheal My baby is 9 weeks old and has worn something other than a footie sleeper exactly once. It was super cute (she had pants and socks on like a person - adorbs!) but with all the diaper changes I need easier things.

@healihealiheal Yes! Mine is 4 months old and since she was 8 weeks early, she was in the NICU until the day before her due date. We lived in zippys in the NICU and we live in zippys now! Our favorites are the fleeces from Carter's, little sleepies, and kyte Baby!

@healihealiheal We received so many clothes from friends and family. Our kids wore the same 3 sleepers til they were almost one. All those clothes just sat in the dresser lol. A few onesies is all you need for the first 6-10 months imo

@healihealiheal Nightgowns for us.

You just...slip em right on! Super easy for diaper changes too.

Now as a new parent, I had no idea that babies scratched up their little faces 😐 so I didn't know onesies with mitts were a thing. Got him some mitts down the road when he started doing that or I just used his little socks...lol

@healihealiheal We wear lots of onesies too! But it's summer here so we do also wear a body suit and/or shorts or just nappy depending on the temp.

I love the 2 way zip and mittens/footsies. Or poppers. But not buttons, never buttons 😬

@healihealiheal In 3 months we only put a dress on her once time and that was when we weren’t going anywhere and my husband wanted to take pics of her. Other than that, it’s onesie all day everyday. Especially since it’s winter.

@healihealiheal Kimono/kangaroo onesies are pretty much what LO is in 24/7 right now. No fighting to get things over his head. Easy access for diaper change.

(We also live in a very hot climate even in “winter”, it was 80 degrees this week)

@sawer1984 That's how we were. My mother, her mother, and her grandmother all sewed, so there are a lot of things that were made for my mother, me, or my brother. And my mother saved a lot of the things that she liked from when I was a baby. Add to that this being the first grandchild on both sides and some truly generous family friends... yes, we had to get dressed every day.

And anyway, a lot of those were daygowns, which is easier than snaps, zippers, and magnets for diaper changes.

It also helped me get dressed for the day to get her dressed -- I didn't want to feel like a total slob while she looked so precious, and I think putting on daytime clothes made me feel like a real person.

@healihealiheal I couldn’t even think of what you meant would be the alternative until I read the post lol. Now that my baby is sturdier (at 3 mo) I put her in pants too because it’s cute. Once she gets a diaper change though, they aren’t going back on until it’s outside time.