Does anyone else have their newborn live in onesies 24/7?

@healihealiheal I maybe put on “fancy clothes” for pics only because we have it and got it as gifts. Both kids (and the third coming) are almost always in sleepers/pajamas.

And SO MUCH YES to the 2 way zipper. I’ve finally donated every last pair of snap Jammie’s. Who invented those!? Clearly not a mother who’s changed a baby in the dark!

@adubb My best friend (no kids) bought a winter onesie with WOOD BUTTONS. Not fake aesthetic buttons with a zipper or snaps behind them, nope, real buttons. I can hardly button my own clothes.

@jonh My mom gave me a bunch of clothes from when I was a baby. They are really cute and in excellent condition, but gosh darn so many of them have actual buttons... There's several with multiple buttons up the back, like I'm just gonna flip my wiggly newborn over and button them all 🤦‍♀️

@roterabe And those of course are the ones blowouts happen in so you have to get buttons undone while holding a floppy baby and trying not to get it on yourself or them.

Tummy time was very often buttoning-up time for us! I guess the silver lining for you is that buttons don't wear out or rust like snaps can. I also had a lot of clothing from my childhood and there were several things that my daughter had definitely not outgrown but had snaps so weak they'd pop open like tearaway pants if I picked her up wrong.

@adubb FWIW, zippers don't work with monitors! We brought our kiddo home from the NICU on oxygen and couldn't use so many of the newborn outfits we'd been given because the zippers don't work with the cords. Snaps and buttons, on the other hand, were perfect! Additionally, I have a hatred for 2 way zippers. Why would you want to have all the fabric bunched up against your babies face when changing their diaper?? I actually much prefer snaps for MOTN diaper changes because you can keep their body covered without all that fabric getting in their face.

@skippyjump A friend of mine got my son a cool pair of vans shoes... I tried to put them on him once he was walking around a year old and they were already too small.

I know my buddy probably forgot about the shoes but I sorta felt bad about it, they were so cool!

TL:DR I wont be buying newborn shoes as a gift for any of my friends kids now that i have experienced this

@healihealiheal Yep. And we go through about 4 a day because of spit up and leaking diapers. Not wasting time changing him in and out of cute diapers at this point! Plus my little guy came 3 weeks early and doesn’t fit into most of his clothes yet lol.

@healihealiheal Yeah we are at 20 weeks and little man has worn a non zipper footie outfit maybe 3 times? Convenient, cute, comfy, and my baby is a fatty so pants always look uncomfortably tight at the “waist” area. So why bother? Zippered onesies without feet for daytime and zippered onesies with feet for bedtime.