Does anybody here feels like divorcing their husband while they sleep straight all night while u take care of a newborn who refused to sleep at night?

@spaceigniter As the husband on paternity leave, I’ve been helping as much as possible during nights and mornings. However, there are some nights I do fall a deep sleep and just wake up at 9am like nothing happened 🥴

Unless completely on purpose, this sort of happens this way for some reason. Must be that we husband knows mom will take care of them unconditionally.

@spaceigniter My partner sleeps in on weekends as I work during the week, and during the week I put the baby down for bed, while she takes care of baby at night during the work week.

However, we will find a new schedule when she returns to work.

I’m also responsible for taking care of our 1 year old husky which is a task in and of itself.

@spaceigniter I sensed that my wife wasn’t happy with doing all the night feeds and me sleeping so I offered to switch things up (actually had to insist).
Now she does the first night feed around 12-1am and I do the second around 4-5am. Our LO is 5 months old. She says it’s helped her so much to get they long stretch of sleep and she seems MUCH happier with me.
To make it work, I do go to sleep earlier than her (around 9-10pm) although we are both in bed at the same time. (She stays up on Instagram or something, who knows)
Some logistics to help you out: baby sleeps in nursery now (we moved her out of our room about a month ago). Wife leaves monitor on her phone (ecobee) and leaves phone on her bedside table. When baby wakes at 1ish, wife gets up and feeds her in other room. After she puts her back to sleep, she moves her phone to my bedside table. I wake up at 4ish (from crying on the monitor), get up and take her phone out of the room so it doesn’t wake her anymore. I feed baby in nursery and put her back to bed. Then I either stay up if I feel ok or go sleep on the couch. We do have another bedroom but my parents come over every week so rather not have to change sheets and our couch is comfy.
It takes a few days to get used to not waking up every time the baby cries and it’s not your shift but eventually the body adjusts. Now wife sleeps straight from approx 2-9am and I sleep straight from approx 10pm-4am. Sometimes we even get longer stretches.
I also get baby at 8am when she wakes up for the day. I’m lucky because i am still working from home so it works.
You should talk to your husband about it because he may not realize it’s an issue for you. Took me 4 months to realize it wasn’t working for her and we had to make changes. She was C-section too.
Good luck!