Did anyone start Preschool at 4 instead of 3?

@afolabi1024 I’m struggling with this right now. My 3 year old is supposed to start preschool in two weeks. I feel so sad - like it’s too soon. But is it just me in my feelings bc my baby is starting pre k? Or is it bc it really is too early? And what benefit is preschool for 2.75 hours? Does he actually need this before 4?

He’s mostly potty trained, but doesn’t feel comfortable going in a new place without his parents. His school doesn’t have potty training requirements, though, so that is great.

But idk I can just take him to the daycare if I want him to socialize. It’s so nice-drop in and it’s an affordable hourly rate. So should I even bother with preK right now? Ughhh it’s so hard.

I don’t want to stunt him, but I also don’t want to push him if it isn’t beneficial.

@afolabi1024 Here's a little secret you don't have to send your children off to preschool. In fact the best thing for children developmentally and learning is to have a solid caregiver at home involved and enjoying life with them. Preschool that yes is a necessity for parents who can't be there and for children who don't have adequate input and supervision. But if you're staying home and you enjoy spending one-on-one time with your child there's no reason you can't teach them all they should be learning in preschool enjoy these years with your baby before you know what the school system will have them and you'll be rush rush rushing