Best Onbuhimo for farm life

aractus

Looking for a Onbuhimo I can wear on my front or back. I'm also open to other structured carrier reccomendations. I have a very heavy 5 month old baby and love my woven wraps for front carrying and long naps. But we are getting goats soon so I need a carrier I can easily wear on my back for farm chores. One that issupportive and doesn't have long tails that'll get muddy. I'v'e been looking at Sakura bloom's Onbuhimos and also Aloha and Light's but I don't know how the A&L silk fabric would hold up to mucking around a barn. TIA

@aractus I’m not sure Sakura Blooms are made to get dirty, they tend to have fancier fabrics. Mine is linen + leather and while it said it was machine washable online, the instructions said hand wash and I can’t see it making it through the washing machine.

@aractus naked panda!. The mer duo onbuhino or splash 2.0 would work. They're both water friendly (so really lightweight and airy) and mostly the same, the splash is only not tandem compatible and it has only 3 solid colors.

In their chatter group there's a lot of ppl who love them for farming specially bc of how easy they clean up

@aractus I have a buckle onbuhimo and honestly I wish I had bought a woven wrap instead and learned how to wrap on the back, the buckles arent as comfortable as my stretchy wrap is. Personally I've come to find it's more comfortable to baby wear without buckles.

@aractus Have you checked out the Happy Baby carriers? Everyone seems to love them. I have one but waiting for little man to make his appearance before we can test it out 😊 I bought a used one though (an original not onbuhimo) since we're also farm people and I want trying to get something I would worry about tearing up.

@buur Those are so popular right now! and I love the looks of them. I will def consider that! Good luck with the rest of pregnancy and your delivery! You will love wearing your little baby boy:)

Back