What’s the best option for baby wearing after a c-section?

@kamywill That’s what we did with our first but I feel
like I missed out, plus I’m going to be taking care of a toddler this time around too so need to be slightly more mobile this time.

@kamywill Not sure why you’re getting downvoted. My midwives and pelvic floor PT said to avoid (or minimize) babywearing in the first few weeks if at all possible due to the stress it can create on your pelvic floor. They even said to minimize time walking/standing other than getting up to change diapers or go to the bathroom/shower in the first 2ish weeks and just lie in bed with your baby to help recover from birth.

@snoweh I voted for a ring sling because I got the most use out of it, but I also had a stretchy wrap for early days. I’m planning to do the same again as I will likely wind up with a repeat C.

@snoweh For me, the waist band on the ergo was like the c section binder, I actually really liked wearing it (although wasn’t strong enough to wear for long)

@snoweh My ped told me to wait until my kid was 2 months old to really baby wear after my C but the moby wrap didn’t bother my scar at all! I wore him a handful of times under 2mo (but over 8 lbs) and it wasn’t bothersome

@champollion Good point! I have a midwife appt this Tuesday so I’ll ask them if I need to wait. I can’t remember if they mentioned anything about that last time.

@snoweh I wore my 2nd in a stretchy wrap for the first few weeks and then in a happy baby after that. Both super comfortable. I miss those tiny days!! Little wanders around our neighborhood with sister in the wrap/carrier and my toddler exploring. I will remember those days for the rest of my life.

Back