Based off old wives tales what would they say you’re having v.s what you are having?

cjr86

If you don’t know what you’re having yet still feel free to comment with what you think you’re having!

Old wives tales: Girl

What I’m having/Thought: Girl

@cjr86 Tale: when you carry high you’re having a boy.

Reality: my rib cage kills and two older mamas have commented randomly in public that I must be having a boy bc of how high my bump is. They were right - he’s a little dude.

@cjr86 Husband and I were thinking girl from the moment we found out. I've been super tired and nauseous. Chinese gender chart said girl. Mom had a dream before we even told her and we had a girl in it.

The only old wives tale that fit it being a boy was I was craving savory, while sweets disgusted me. We found out a couple days ago that it's a girl.

@cjr86 Sim old wives tales I heard for having a boy included being really hungry and extra nauseated. I was both for months and am having a boy.

@cjr86 Two Latinas (mom and orthodontist assistant) guessed boy correctly by simply looking at my face. Basically, if your face is thinner you are having a boy. If your face gets fuller, you are having a girl.

@cjr86 I've been very moody and have been wanting sweet things which suggests a girl.

What I'm having: No idea, we are not finding out the sex. But I really want a girl!

@cjr86 Tale: girl

Thoughts: boy

Husband’s family tree: boy

Family thoughts: 95% said boy

Having: girl

Literally all ‘predictions’ said girl. The old wives tales, the Chinese calendar and even an old coffee bean trick said girl. I just pushed it aside because a family tree is more scientific than a coffee bean, so this caught me off guard haha.

@cjr86 Predictions

Morning sickness - girl

Sweet / salty- boy

Chinese gender prediction- boy

Mayan gender prediction - boy

Heartbeat - girl

Carrying Weight - girl

Partner weight - girl

Acne - boy

Heartburn- girl

Feet swelling- girl

Mood swings - boy

I had loads of fun seeing what they suggested so had looked them up and kept up with them in the beginning- even though I knew it was all myths. Found it amusing that it was almost tied, though it did lean slightly more girl- which is wrong. Baby us a boy.

@cjr86 Wives' tales: split down the middle

Husband's intuition: boy

What I'm having: boy

Apparently, the most accurate of wives' tales is the Ramzi Method. It's supposedly 95% accurate based on which side baby implanted in the uterus.