Lead content in baby puffs and cassava based foods

@torn12 Just a note that NONE of those specific products are listed as being certified on the Clean Label Project webpage. We have been avoiding puffs from those brands for that reason and buying the Gerber ones that are CLP certified.

Given that other products from those brands are CLP certified, I always have figured that meant the puffs weren't passing testing.

@javier_is_life Interesting, what is clean label project? Is it a good way for me to tell if a good is safe for babies? Because it’s rough out here trying to determine what’s best haha. I was confused by the Gerber ones because I thought rice is bad and the gerber ones are rice

@torn12 Yep. This has been known for a while. Never bothered giving this to our family. We just gave ours Organic O's instead or a sourdough rind, which is good for the gut.

A lot of these overly processed foods, though convenient, come at a price.

@innocentguy12 In this case I don’t think it has much to do with being processed. It is a product of the nature of root vegetables + contaminants being present in the soil and water themselves, so this is an issue even with whole/unprocessed root vegetables.