3 weeks of no diapers and STILL haven’t made it to the bathroom for poop

@drawingangel2 One suggestion I see often and has worked for friends of mine - let her go in a diaper ON the potty until she is more comfortable going on the potty. The book "Ready, Set, Go! A Gentle Parenting Guide to Calmer, Quicker Potty Training" has a whole section on this and the whys and hows about constipation during potty training. My library had it maybe yours does as well - it's a very very fast read

@drawingangel2 I had the opposite problem. My child completely poo potty trained herself before she was 2, and then didn’t figure out the pee part until after she was 4 years old. I felt like a failure until i read that very few kids are potty trained at 2, and like 88% by 3.5. For the most part theres only so much control you have over your child’s choices with the bathroom.

You could however switch back to diapers and make your child participate more in cleaning up the poo mess when it happens. Stick them in the bathtub and have them wash their whole bottom half. Or you could decide not to stress it and let go of expectations for a few months. Your child may just make a magic leap and do it all on their own. You might be fighting simple development.

@drawingangel2 It took my 3.5 year old almost a month and a half to get poop down. I reached a point where I was just throwing out undies if they were bad enough. A couple weeks of throwing them out was still cheaper than diapers so I didnt feel as bad. And it saved my sanity. Stick to it. Nothing in particular worked for my kiddo she just finally clicked one day.