If I Could Send a Shopping List Back in Time

@thoracic I use cloth diapers and I personally use cloth wipes for pee diapers and regular wipes for poop. For the cloth wipes, I just wet them under the sink and wring out most of the water. Works great for us.

@thoracic We use cloth wipes. I got tired of having to take the dirty wipes and pick them out and throw them out. I keep a spray bottle with CJ's carcass cleaner in it and use that to wet the wipes as I go.

@thoracic I actually use both. I use toilet paper or a disposable wipe to get him mostly clean, then use a cloth one after. Instead of keeping the wipes wet, I use a solution to wet the wipe each time. There are little soap cubes (these are the ones I used), you can mix it with water. I think a lot of people spray the solution on, but I just used the peri bottle from the hospital since I didn't use it anyway (I had a c section). I do like the cloth wipes because it doesn't seem to cause as much irritation, but it could have just been a sensitivity the baby had to the disposable wipes I was using at first (switched over to the natural unscented kind). They're also helpful for getting them completely dry to put diaper rash ointment on, since using them over moisture can make the ointment less effective. I also started using a diaper liner once the baby had a more "regular" schedule, which makes my diaper wash days much easier. Like the other commenter mentioned, r/clothdiaps is a great resource for information.

@vadadell Here's a sneak peek of /r/clothdiaps using the top posts of the year!

#1: Raise your hand if you are grateful for cloth diapering during this time! | 47 comments

#2: My favorite line up so far! | 17 comments

#3: From 1993 children's book! | 24 comments

[sup][sup]I'm[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]a[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bot,[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]beep[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]boop[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Downvote[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]remove[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Contact[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]me[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Info[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]|[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]Opt-out[/sup][/sup]

@vadadell This one is contentious. It comes up frequently in these mom subs.

I scoffed at the idea of a wipe warmer before babies. I also ordered one within a couple of days of being home with our first baby. Maybe it’s our cold Canadian climate (though many Canadian parents have agreed with you), or maybe it’s empathy at having my bits wiped with a cold cloth, but I think it’s worth the $20. Ours has been plugged in and warming bums for 2.5 years now. 10/10 would buy again.

@sandy67 I would actually probably have one if we were farther north, and would definitely have one if we were in Canada. One problem for us is that we use cloth wipes, and the solutions that can be diy'd don't have any kind of preservative, so the wipes can get gross if it isn't cleaned out / changed often.

@vadadell I love our dock a tot! I went with the larger one and my big 3 month old lays in it all the time (supervised of course). Agree with the others you mentioned. I found glass avent bottles at the thrift store in great condition and just bought new nipples! We actually use a box fan for white noise and it’s great. Provides white noise and airflow. Buying second hand is the way to go! Save money and less waste in the world.

@vadadell I know it’s not strictly necessary, but our bottle sterilizer has made life vastly easier. I would recommend a nice big one for anyone that’s bottle feeding