Will I regret only having 1 child?

@fallingapart You just have to do what you feel is best for you and your family while accepting the uncertainty. There's no guarantee that siblings will get along as children or adults. There's no guarantee that your children will even want to have you in their lives when they're adults.

@fallingapart So I am my mom’s only child. It’s a small family. She had one sibling. Her sibling had two kids. My mom’s parents are deceased and so is her sibling. It’s me and my mom basically and I do wish she had another child. My husband and I feel very much responsible for my mom. She’s divorced from dad and lives alone so it’s me and my kids to keep her company and check on her.

My father has other children. All much younger so I’m kind of a big sister/ second mom. But because there’s so many of us - almost all with our own kids, there’s lots of love and sharing of holidays, etc.

I adored being raised as an only child and I also adored being a sibling.

No one size fits all. Enjoy your baby and don’t feel pressured to give her a sibling. Siblings don’t always get along.

@me34571 I’m finding this to be the case in a lot of the comments and family dynamics. I’m pretty set for now but I think time will tell and I’ll just keep in mind that my mind can change. Thank you for your input :)

@fallingapart I had no choice…I always wished for a big family. But my body won’t let me. So it’s just one and she’s the best. Turning 10 soon. Also I am a only child and ofcourse sometimes I wish I had a brother or sister. But hey I managed and therefore have a great social life.

Back